Introducing my beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

aries62

i just brought my male into the same room for the first time. His beard turned black, and he began to bob is head. Then a few times she did the same thing but almost a bit more submissive not as vigourisly as he did. Is it normal for a female to do a little head bobing when they meet cage to cage?
(they are not in the same tank yet)

1happymommy

Juvie Member
I really can't answer your question about the head bobbing.

I'm not sure if you were going to house them together or just for mating but I have read on here that they are solitary animals who only get together to mate.
I have read many stories on here about blood shed with missing limbs, nipped tails and death when permantly housed together.

We would love to see pics of them. You can download your pics on photobucket.com for free and then paste them in the introductions thread. We love photo's.

I hope someelse can help you with their introduction. I plan on getting another too and was wondering the samething.
I hope it goes well and you get lots of cute babies someday.

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
1happymommy":4ba61 said:
I really can't answer your question about the head bobbing, but I have learned on this forum that beardie's should not be housed together. The are solitary animals who only get together to mate.
I have read many stories on here about blood shed with missing limbs, nipped tails and death.

You may want to think about getting another set up for you new beardie. I'm sure you will research this forum and learn a lot along the way as I did.

We would love to see pics of them. You can download your pics on photobucket.com for free and then paste them in the introductions thread. We love photo's.

Well he does have them in separate tanks, he only introduced the male and female without the tank.

I have heard stories about the female bobbing to answer OP's post. It's submissive if it's slower they also wave. May also do the head bob while in the tank together,

Akeath

Gray-bearded Member
The slow head bobbing on the female's part is completely normal. Sounds like they are about ready. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom