Introducing larger tank

Ralovely

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cricket
Today went from a 20 gal to a 67 gal tank. Concerned about lighting moved the old double zoo med to the left of larger tank top 75watt basking with a coil UV. I’m not sure if I should upgrade the basking bulb to 100 watt?? Purchased a 18in 5.0 UV for the left side of the larger tank also for additional UV and light. She definitely noticed the change of the tank and seems rather bothered but I’m hoping she will adjust. Is that common? I put her old carpet in hoping it would comfort her. She wouldn’t eat any crickets this evening but was able to get her to eat a few meal worms. This is my first beardie so I’m hoping to get some advice or any helpful suggestions.

Attachments

• 2A7F149A-5991-488F-8E38-894E49572318.jpeg
    2A7F149A-5991-488F-8E38-894E49572318.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 142

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie was getting rather slow and not eating as usual I had already used the UVB and had a 100w basking. I just recently increased the 100w basking to a 150w and she is just full of life right now, chasing her crickets again and acting like herself. I think the temp is finally correct for her and it also brought down the humidity which is a plus. I am a lil worried about the 150w light on the metal top. It is a really well built Repti zoo cage made for reptiles but can anyone tell me if 150 w on the metal top is too much?
Did you swap out the 5.0 bulb? The 150 is fine as long as it's not closer than 6" to her and keeping basking surface temps to what you need -

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes I put the 10 in
So w / the T 8 it should be NO screen - T 8's cannot go thru screen - so unobstruct the UVB and have your UVB directly over a piece of basking decor 6-8 inches -- the 18 inch UVB will need to be upgraded to a 24" for a bigger tank --- 120 gallon is the most optimal for a full size / juvie dragon --

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom