Introducing Beebz

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Ok I am having a hard time getting mine to 25% during the day -- its around 20-22% and I have a humidifier going right next to the 2 tanks -- it goes up to 30% at night -- so the UVB needs to be directly over a piece of basking decor w/ it being 8-10 inches -- for it to sit on top of the screen you want that distance
OK, then I guess the humidity is as good as it's gonna get. It is much better than before I added the humidifer, when it got down as low as 11.

And yes I added the basking decor which sits 9 inches under the light. There is a picture of her on it further up the thread. Thank you for the distance info. You had told me previously, and that's how I knew it was correct =)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I was out of town (in the middle of no where rockhounding the last couple days, and just now getting back to the forum) Hdochow, and Karrieree pretty much covered everthing lol. Her sleeping like that isn't a problem, they will get darker at night when they cool down and fire up their coloring again when they get warm, that is normal.
As far as pics, i agree with Hdochow, the more the better 🙂. Baths can help remove shed, but really only when it is ready to come of anyway, it generally won't speed the process, but can be usefull to soften it so it can come on off once it strats releasing. I have found if i give mine a bath and loose shed doesn't come off it seems more dried out and harder afterwards. If one of mine is having a rough shed i mist them with shed-ease, it doesn't seem to dry them out as bad.
As far as your light, as long as your dragon has some place to move out of the uvb if it wants to, hour light will be fine. Just offer it a hide or shaded area big enough to fit in and it will choose what it needs, beardies are very good at regulating thier uvb.

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
I was out of town (in the middle of no where rockhounding the last couple days, and just now getting back to the forum) Hdochow, and Karrieree pretty much covered everthing lol. Her sleeping like that isn't a problem, they will get darker at night when they cool down and fire up their coloring again when they get warm, that is normal.
As far as pics, i agree with Hdochow, the more the better 🙂. Baths can help remove shed, but really only when it is ready to come of anyway, it generally won't speed the process, but can be usefull to soften it so it can come on off once it strats releasing. I have found if i give mine a bath and loose shed doesn't come off it seems more dried out and harder afterwards. If one of mine is having a rough shed i mist them with shed-ease, it doesn't seem to dry them out as bad.
As far as your light, as long as your dragon has some place to move out of the uvb if it wants to, hour light will be fine. Just offer it a hide or shaded area big enough to fit in and it will choose what it needs, beardies are very good at regulating thier uvb.
Thanks for the info on the coloration. I'd sorta figured it was temp related. I had come to refer to it as "putting on her nightgown" as she always seemed to darken up right before bedtime.

I gave her the calcium w/d3 today at lunch. I never know what "lightly dusted" means. Is this correct?
20230305_160400.jpg

She ate all but three of those btw and that's probably about normal, if not slightly less than she eats 3x a day.
She climbed up to bask after like normal:
20230305_161037.jpg

Normally I give her her salad first but this time I forgot so she had to decide if it was worth getting back down to go eat them:
20230305_161406.jpg

But Dragons do not compromise so she came up with a solution:
20230305_161527.jpg

Then she was so full she needed a little nap:
20230305_162341.jpg
5 minutes was enough:

20230305_163322.jpg

See what happens when you guys encourage pictures? =p

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thanks for the info on the coloration. I'd sorta figured it was temp related. I had come to refer to it as "putting on her nightgown" as she always seemed to darken up right before bedtime.

I gave her the calcium w/d3 today at lunch. I never know what "lightly dusted" means. Is this correct? View attachment 78510

She ate all but three of those btw and that's probably about normal, if not slightly less than she eats 3x a day.
She climbed up to bask after like normal:
View attachment 78511
Normally I give her her salad first but this time I forgot so she had to decide if it was worth getting back down to go eat them:
View attachment 78512

But Dragons do not compromise so she came up with a solution:
View attachment 78513

Then she was so full she needed a little nap:
View attachment 78514 5 minutes was enough:

View attachment 78515
See what happens when you guys encourage pictures? =p
Yes those are lightly dusted

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Was watching Beebz tonight and managed to convince myself there is an issue with her tail again.
20230305_215229.jpg
is the tip... missing? Or is this what it's supposed to look like zoomed in so close.

20230305_215334.jpg
20230305_214343.jpg

Please tell me I'm just nuts.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I LOVED that picture story @Rocky2022 is goning to eat it up also lol. It does look like just the tip is missing, but it looks all healed up.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I was looking at the pics again, i see she has her toes raised up in one of them, maybe check the temp of the decor piece just in case it holds to much heat. My dragons do that when setting on me out in the sun if I'm wearing a black shirt.

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
I LOVED that picture story @Rocky2022 is goning to eat it up also lol. It does look like just the tip is missing, but it looks all healed up.
Oh no! Poor girl I wonder how that could've happened. I guess maybe she could've lost it at the pet store when she was a tiny thing. I think I would've noticed any sort of injury considering I spend hours staring at her each day. There was *definitely* never any blood or redness. Does this make her more susceptible to any further injury? Is there anything I need to do to prevent further injury? It is very very thin. The black line you can see in one pic is the tiny thermometer cord.

I was looking at the pics again, i see she has her toes raised up in one of them, maybe check the temp of the decor piece just in case it holds to much heat. My dragons do that when setting on me out in the sun if I'm wearing a black shirt.
Hmm, she does the toe thing a lot. My temp gun said her new bask in the uvb 102 up there yesterday and that's cooler than her other bask that looks like a stump. 106-111 I'm pretty sure she sometimes pops her toes up even on the paper towels though where it's in the 80s and 90s.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Oh no! Poor girl I wonder how that could've happened. I guess maybe she could've lost it at the pet store when she was a tiny thing. I think I would've noticed any sort of injury considering I spend hours staring at her each day. There was *definitely* never any blood or redness. Does this make her more susceptible to any further injury? Is there anything I need to do to prevent further injury? It is very very thin. The black line you can see in one pic is the tiny thermometer cord.

Hmm, she does the toe thing a lot. My temp gun said her new bask in the uvb 102 up there yesterday and that's cooler than her other bask that looks like a stump. 106-111 I'm pretty sure she sometimes pops her toes up even on the paper towels though where it's in the 80s and 90s.
Please use a digital probe thermometer -- IR guns can be off especially w/ certain materials - like slate or stones and hammocks

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Once it's healed it shouldn't cause any issues (and it lookes all healed up) just think of it like Marilyn Monroe's mole 😁

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Was sitting next to the enclosure today for my daily Dragon therapy (therapy for me, not Beebz) and was happy to see her soaking up rays on her tanning bed.
20230307_131457.jpg

She finally started to shed her tail, and unlike the last time where it took days she got nearly the while tail done while I watched. The new Bask (tanning bed) is fairly rough and every so often she would whip or tail across it.

She would whip it so hard when it hit the glass there would be a loud bang, but I guess it didn't hurt her any as she kept at it. Of course I took lots of pictures.
20230307_131507.jpg
20230307_134201.jpg
20230307_134631.jpg
20230307_135934.jpg
20230307_140416.jpg

20230307_141119.jpg

Attachments

• 20230307_135144.jpg
    20230307_135144.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Was sitting next to the enclosure today for my daily Dragon therapy (therapy for me, not Beebz) and was happy to see her soaking up rays on her tanning bed.
View attachment 78565
She finally started to shed her tail, and unlike the last time where it took days she got nearly the while tail done while I watched. The new Bask (tanning bed) is fairly rough and every so often she would whip or tail across it.

She would whip it so hard when it hit the glass there would be a loud bang, but I guess it didn't hurt her any as she kept at it. Of course I took lots of pictures.
View attachment 78566 View attachment 78567 View attachment 78568 View attachment 78570 View attachment 78571
View attachment 78574
When her scales get like that you can take mist her and then take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush the loose scales off

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
When her scales get like that you can take mist her and then take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush the loose scales off
Good to know.

Is that something I should always do when she gets big loose pieces like that, or only if she seems to be having problems getting it off herself?

It looked like she was managing pretty well so I sorta assumed she had it figured out.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom