Introducing Beebz

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
When Snickers runs off the carpet she has learned it's slick so she throws herself into a drift like a sprint car lol.
I was actually suggesting to put his habitat so that he can see outside. Two of mine absolutely love having theirs in the window. Enough so that the new habitat i just bough is out in the garage with the glue drying on the window I'm putting in lol.

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
When Snickers runs off the carpet she has learned it's slick so she throws herself into a drift like a sprint car lol.
That actually makes me feel a lot better. I figured he must be capable of understanding the surface was slick. The way he just kept slipping over and over I was starting to question though.

So hopefully he was either enjoying skating around or was just being stubborn and with practice will eventually acknowledge the reality that is traction.

I was actually suggesting to put his habitat so that he can see outside. Two of mine absolutely love having theirs in the window. Enough so that the new habitat i just bough is out in the garage with the glue drying on the window I'm putting in lol.
Ah I see, that makes sense and I did see your plans for the windowed enclosure. Unfortunately my daughter's bedroom only has the one window and there's no way to really make it work so his enclosure faces it.

That window let's in way too much heat in the afternoon to do somthing like you're doing, and I don't think she'd want to lose it to Beebz anyway.

He does have a somewhat decent view of her television though. She used to watch stuff with him and said he'd pat attention sometimes. Now she steals the TV in my room because it is bigger! Maybe I'll put on something for him and see if that catches his interest.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
That actually makes me feel a lot better. I figured he must be capable of understanding the surface was slick. The way he just kept slipping over and over I was starting to question though.

So hopefully he was either enjoying skating around or was just being stubborn and with practice will eventually acknowledge the reality that is traction.

Ah I see, that makes sense and I did see your plans for the windowed enclosure. Unfortunately my daughter's bedroom only has the one window and there's no way to really make it work so his enclosure faces it.

That window let's in way too much heat in the afternoon to do somthing like you're doing, and I don't think she'd want to lose it to Beebz anyway.

He does have a somewhat decent view of her television though. She used to watch stuff with him and said he'd pat attention sometimes. Now she steals the TV in my room because it is bigger! Maybe I'll put on something for him and see if that catches his interest.
I have to be careful with Sinatra's window to, it faces west. I only have 6 inches or so overlapping the window so he don't overheat.
Youtube has some videos that are 8 or 10 hours long of stuff like aerials from drones or hikes in the forest ect. I used to play them for my guys through the day. I just muted the "soothing" music lol.

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Tried the drone video today. He did seem to watch it for a while. Later we went and played for a while.
1000005116.jpg
1000005149.jpg
1000005134.jpg

He seemed to enjoy that, so I hoped he would be in a good mood come dinner time... :cautious:

He was mad it was roaches for the second day in a row.
1000005158.jpg

And is now in his favorite sulking spot where i suspect he will remain until lights out.
1000005164.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I bet if someone had asked you before you got him if a little lizard could have that much personality and attitude, you would have said no way lol.

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
I bet if someone had asked you before you got him if a little lizard could have that much personality and attitude, you would have said no way lol.
I certainly wouldn't have expected the pickiness. It's like having a 3 year old again where one day they love spaghetti and the next week they start crying when they see the pot.

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Beebz is huge:
1000005308.jpg

1000005363.jpg
1000005383.jpg

1000005385.jpg

He had a good day today and spent some time exploring
1000005379.jpg

He's very proud of himself here as it took him a couple attempts to work up the courage to climb high enough to see out the window.

He's taken to spending about half his days in his hide. I'm not sure if he's thinking about brumating or is put off by the changing seasons and the storms we've had or if somthing else Is going on in his lizard brain, but for whatever reasons some days he just doesn't want to come out.

I'm hoping it's not brumation as I'd worry about him being so young but I guess he's big enough if that's what his body is telling him to do.

I've cut down his feeding to every other day and cut his portions back from what I was feeding before. Partly because even if he's not a year yet he's definitely adult size and partly because he's not been eating his greens very well the past couple weeks and I'm hoping he will do better if he's a bit hungrier.

I don't think he's overweight (opinions in the pics posted appreciated) but also don't think he'll suffer from missing a couple meals.

I've left his temps in the 105-110 range because on days he feels love basking he will sit there for hours without gaping and is more active than when I had them down around 100. I'm going to try to swap to a surface that holds heat better as I feel like when he lays down on the platform it cools under him. Thinking of gluing a sandstone paver across the top of what he has now.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Wow he is a big boy, he may end up giving my big ol boy a run for his money lol.
The sandstone is good for nail maintenance also, so win/win

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom