Introducing Baha, Levi, Leo and Osiris

Kyomuno

Beardie name(s)
Osiris
Levi (Leviathan), Leo (Leonidas) and Osiris are from the same clutch while Baha (Bahamut) is our misift little prince. We found out a few days ago that Osiris was born blind. She was not eating/drinking and was becoming lethargic. As of this morning we have been so lucky as we were able to get her to eat (with use of syringe) and she is already seeming to have more energy! We can now say that she not only loves her daily electrolyte baths, but her greenbeas/cricket/calcium "smoothie" as well!

Attachments

• 20230312_092546.jpg
    20230312_092546.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 20230316_202626.jpg
    20230316_202626.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 20230318_073804.jpg
    20230318_073804.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 80

Kyomuno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Osiris
Its so great yall are helping Osiris they way she should be helped!! Makes me happy and theyre all such beautiful babies!!
We were honestly so worried that she wouldn't make it. Her brother Leo had a deformed nostril which causes difficulty breathing so he gates a lot (we originally thought he was hissing lol). After a vet check we found out he is fine (just "smiles" a lot) and Osiris is blind, but strong. The vet believes that it could be a case of inbreeding. While it will be more work that normal, I am determined to give all these little guys the best life possible :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We were honestly so worried that she wouldn't make it. Her brother Leo had a deformed nostril which causes difficulty breathing so he gates a lot (we originally thought he was hissing lol). After a vet check we found out he is fine (just "smiles" a lot) and Osiris is blind, but strong. The vet believes that it could be a case of inbreeding. While it will be more work that normal, I am determined to give all these little guys the best life possible :)
Welcome---- are they all in separate tanks? You will need to get them in those real soon if not -- if you need to go over your tank husbandry and need help please ask --- I can say NO coils for UVB's --- we have 3 on here we recommend so if you need them please ask --

Kyomuno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Osiris
Welcome---- are they all in separate tanks? You will need to get them in those real soon if not -- if you need to go over your tank husbandry and need help please ask --- I can say NO coils for UVB's --- we have 3 on here we recommend so if you need them please ask --
They are all in separate tanks. Levi, Leo and baha have 50 gal tanks while Osiris is in a 12"x12"x12" due to her condition. She will be going into a 25 gal once she is doing a little better. The coil uvb is the only one our pet store had, but we did order new bulbs that should be here by Tuesday. Attached is the picture of what we ordered. Do you think this will work for her?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230319_162339_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230319_162339_Samsung Internet.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 63

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
They are all in separate tanks. Levi, Leo and baha have 50 gal tanks while Osiris is in a 12"x12"x12" due to her condition. She will be going into a 25 gal once she is doing a little better. The coil uvb is the only one our pet store had, but we did order new bulbs that should be here by Tuesday. Attached is the picture of what we ordered. Do you think this will work for her?
No please send that back - she needs a bigger tank- for optimal basking temps and easier to control I would put her in a 40 gallon- she is the one that is blind correct? We can see if I am correct w/ that tank size for her - they all need long tube fixtures - eventually your going to haft to upgrade to 120 gallon tanks for the other two - so I would recommend a 24" Zoo Med for Osiris you can use the bulb that comes w/ that fixture for now and if the 40 gallon is good for her you can then change that bulb out to a 22" Reptisun 10.0 bulb- the dragons will not do well under coil UVB's at all --- they are inadequate - I am going to flag your post to two people on here that can better deal w/ disabilities w/ dragons- I just know that your surface basking temps and UVB are crucial to dragons -- if you want recommendations for the 50 gallon tanks please ask but please do not use coils
@AHBD
@Drache613

Kyomuno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Osiris
No please send that back - she needs a bigger tank- for optimal basking temps and easier to control I would put her in a 40 gallon- she is the one that is blind correct? We can see if I am correct w/ that tank size for her - they all need long tube fixtures - eventually your going to haft to upgrade to 120 gallon tanks for the other two - so I would recommend a 24" Zoo Med for Osiris you can use the bulb that comes w/ that fixture for now and if the 40 gallon is good for her you can then change that bulb out to a 22" Reptisun 10.0 bulb- the dragons will not do well under coil UVB's at all --- they are inadequate - I am going to flag your post to two people on here that can better deal w/ disabilities w/ dragons- I just know that your surface basking temps and UVB are crucial to dragons -- if you want recommendations for the 50 gallon tanks please ask but please do not use coils
@AHBD
@Drache613
I have 3 of these tanks for levi, Leo and baha to transition in to. At that time I will be cleaning out th

Kyomuno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Osiris
I have 3 of these tanks for levi, Leo and baha to transition in to. At that time I will be cleaning out one of the 50 gal for Osiris. I am learning so much about these little guys and it is amazing to see their health improve so nicely. They were all underweight when we got them. I really appreciate all the advice here because it is hard to get into a vet here since the nearest vet who handles exotic pets in an hour away x_x.

Kyomuno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Osiris
I have 3 of these tanks for levi, Leo and baha to transition in to. At that time I will be cleaning out one of the 50 gal for Osiris. I am learning so much about these little guys and it is amazing to see their health improve so nicely. They were all underweight when we got them. I really appreciate all the advice here because it is hard to get into a vet here since the nearest vet who handles exotic pets in an hour away x_x.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230319_164253_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230319_164253_Chrome.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 63

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok that's good - if you want the links for the uvb's let me know- I will post them - repti zoo bulbs are not very good-

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The links would be fantastic! Thank you!
this is the Zoo Med I was posting about earlier - for a 50 gallon your gonna want the 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb
or this one you can find it at Pet Smart you want the 24 watt 12% bulb
or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the one posted above
2 ft or 24" https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
placement and distance are going to be determined by the screen on the tank - they look to have a fine screen mesh so they will need to go inside the tank - 12-15 inches directly above a piece of basking decor - they also need to be changed out in approx one year I recommend 10-11 months

Kyomuno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Osiris
Keep up the good work ! The blind one may never grow to full size but there's no sure way to say how well it may do.
We talked to the vet about a lot of challenges we may face with her and I really is overwhelming, but we are going to do everything we can and hope for the best! Her temperament has changed 1000% since her first successful feeding so I am hopeful!

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom