Interior basking bulb/lamp suggestions

thelawgoddess

Hi. :) I am getting my daughter's beardie enclosure set up--it will be our first so we are newbies. We have been doing research and want to get the enclosure set up before we look for the dragon. The enclosure is a Symton 4x2x2. I ordered an Arcadia Ceramic Reflector - 8" and an Arcadia Solar Basking Flood - 150 Watt. But we want all of the lighting inside the enclosure. The Acadia 8" reflector is ridiculously huge--I don't want the lamp taking up that much space. And I'm thinking the 150w flood may be too hot for inside the enclosure. So, two questions: (1) What is a good lamp or reflector to house the bulb in that has a much smaller footprint and won't look like there's a beach ball in there. LOL. And (2) Should I get a lower wattage spot bulb instead or is a flood bulb okay to use? I do understand the bulb wattage may be trial and error, but hoping some of you with experience with this size enclosure can let me know what works for you. Also, I do plan to have it hooked up to a dimming thermostat if that matters for either of those questions. (For UVB, we have the Zoo-Med Reptisun T5 High Output 36 Inch Terrarium Hood and will be getting the Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 HO T5 UVB Lamp, 39 W, 34" L bulb.)

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom