Inside of throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalynnj12

Original Poster
Okay so this may be a really stupid question, but every little thing worries me so I wanna make sure this isn’t a cause for concern. My beardie was on his basking rock, gaping after eating. I noticed inside his throat there is black lines. They’re small, thin black lines and what isn’t black lines is pink. I’m not sure if this is normal, i’ve never owned a bearded dragon before this & ive also never really payed close attention to the back of his throat so i’m not sure if it’s been like this. (i’ve had him for about a month now.) Is this normal? Or should I be concerned?
Edit: I just went to try and get a picture, but i’m unable to as it’s further back in his throat. What is surrounded by the “holes” between the black lines is white. It looks almost just like a pattern & not random lines in random places throughout his throat? This is the best way I know to describe it. Also, while trying to get these pictures I noticed red bumps at the end of his teeth on his gums. I attached a picture of that.

Attachments

• 13494A54-0AB1-4DE4-AD2B-CD80016774A1.jpeg
    13494A54-0AB1-4DE4-AD2B-CD80016774A1.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, the inside of his mouth appears normal. They all have some different markings,
etc on the mouth, roof of their mouths because they are individuals but it didn't look to
have any health issues.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom