Insects food.

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
I’ve been looking into feeling my bearded dragon hornworms as little treats lately and I noticed that when I buy them idk what to feed them so they end up dying I looked up what they ate and I see they eat spinach but is it safe for me to feel them spinach and give them to my bearded dragon??

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
I’ve been looking into feeling my bearded dragon hornworms as little treats lately and I noticed that when I buy them idk what to feed them so they end up dying I looked up what they ate and I see they eat spinach but is it safe for me to feel them spinach and give them to my bearded dragon??
Hornworms usually come with food in the cup. You will want to store the cup upside down with the food on top. Poop falls onto the lid away from the food, and you can empty it out about every day or every other day. If the ones you get don't have food or they eat it too fast, you can look for hornworm chow online. It'll come either as a powder you mix with boiling water or a ready made paste. You just mash the paste into the bottom of the cup. They just need a way to climb up to it when it is upside down, which all the cups of hornworms I've ever got come with like a plastic knitting net stapled to the bottom.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Hornworms usually come with food in the cup. You will want to store the cup upside down with the food on top. Poop falls onto the lid away from the food, and you can empty it out about every day or every other day. If the ones you get don't have food or they eat it too fast, you can look for hornworm chow online. It'll come either as a powder you mix with boiling water or a ready made paste. You just mash the paste into the bottom of the cup. They just need a way to climb up to it when it is upside down, which all the cups of hornworms I've ever got come with like a plastic knitting net stapled to the bottom.
They need hornworm chow.
They can't be gut-loaded on spinach.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom