Input on tank lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

natnat

So I've been searching for ways to make my terrarium brighter since it always seems to be too dark and I was wondering if anyone had tried this LED/UVB hood combo? T5 ReptiSun® LED UVB Terrarium Hood | Zoo Med Laboratories, Inc.
Like it seems like a good way to make the tank a lot brighter but I wasn't sure about all the LEDs? I don't know that the blue light it has is useful but it looks like it would be in the right wavelength spectrum.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I've been searching for ways to make my terrarium brighter since it always seems to be too dark and I was wondering if anyone had tried this LED/UVB hood combo? T5 ReptiSun® LED UVB Terrarium Hood | Zoo Med Laboratories, Inc.
Like it seems like a good way to make the tank a lot brighter but I wasn't sure about all the LEDs? I don't know that the blue light it has is useful but it looks like it would be in the right wavelength spectrum.
Please no colored bulbs -- it distorts the vision --- please get a regular LED white bulb they wont emit much heat - place on the side of the tank where you want the extra lighting or you can use a regular house hold bulb low wattage - I was once using a regular house hold bulb it was a 40 or 60 watt at one time on the cool side of the tank but I have since set up a extra basking spot w/ temps in the middle of the tank in the 90's behind my UVB -- so my dragons have two basking spots the hot side and the middle of the tank -

natnat

Original Poster
Please no colored bulbs -- it distorts the vision --- please get a regular LED white bulb they wont emit much heat - place on the side of the tank where you want the extra lighting or you can use a regular house hold bulb low wattage - I was once using a regular house hold bulb it was a 40 or 60 watt at one time on the cool side of the tank but I have since set up a extra basking spot w/ temps in the middle of the tank in the 90's behind my UVB -- so my dragons have two basking spots the hot side and the middle of the tank -
Thank you- I'll just get some more LED bulbs then. Does it really matter about the 6000K bulb light color supposedly being the best for them?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you- I'll just get some more LED bulbs then. Does it really matter about the 6000K bulb light color supposedly being the best for them?
Boy I am not sure on that one --- I am going to have someone else answer that question -

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don’t think it’s critical, but the 6500k color looks similar to sunlight so I think that’s why it is recommended. A lot of the basking lights people use are a warmer color and it doesn’t seem to cause issues. I’d probably try to mix it up and offer some variety in order to provide the widest spectrum you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom