Injured toenail.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I just noticed this on Toothless' back pinkie toe. I don't know how it happened or how long it's been, sometimes today. It's not actively bleeding and doesn't seem to bother him, I pressed on it and moved it and he just sat there.

What do I do to prevent any kind of infection or anything.?

Attachments

• 20230212_205359.jpg
    20230212_205359.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 20230212_205409.jpg
    20230212_205409.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 47

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I just noticed this on Toothless' back pinkie toe. I don't know how it happened or how long it's been, sometimes today. It's not actively bleeding and doesn't seem to bother him, I pressed on it and moved it and he just sat there.

What do I do to prevent any kind of infection or anything.?
Raw unpasteurized honey -- are you using a green mesh hammock or a grass type one? No crickets in the tank please they will go straight to the foot

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Raw unpasteurized honey -- are you using a green mesh hammock or a grass type one? No crickets in the tank please they will go straight to the foot
Nope, he's in a fuzzy hamster hammock with a fluffy blanket padded into it that he gets into, kind of like a sleeping bag.

Do I just dab it on the end of his toenail.? The only things in his tank is some stray BSFL.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I have this. Is this okay.?

Attachments

• 16762543569052709921566165407666.jpg
    16762543569052709921566165407666.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 43

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Do I keep applying it periodically.? For how long.?
Watch the toe- if it gets black that would be infection- but the honey will stop it- couple times a day - you said it was bleeding let it scab over and you should be good

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Watch the toe- if it gets black that would be infection- but the honey will stop it- couple times a day - you said it was bleeding let it scab over and you should be good
It looks like it may have been at one point, it's red on the inside, but that mat be the quick.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom