Infrared Thermometer recommendation

ChristineMWheeler89

Beardie name(s)
Jango Fett
I have had my beardie for 5 days, it was an impulse buy (I know, I know) but I have had a beardie in the past. Anyway, I am concerned about the temp in my enclosure. My kit came with a stick on that reads the temp and humidity, but I would like to get a temp gun. I have no idea what I am looking for, everything I see online appears to be for cooking. Please recommend a brand/model (amazon link would be awesome) or show me pictures of what you have. Thank you.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have had my beardie for 5 days, it was an impulse buy (I know, I know) but I have had a beardie in the past. Anyway, I am concerned about the temp in my enclosure. My kit came with a stick on that reads the temp and humidity, but I would like to get a temp gun. I have no idea what I am looking for, everything I see online appears to be for cooking. Please recommend a brand/model (amazon link would be awesome) or show me pictures of what you have. Thank you.
You can get them at your local home improvement store it does not need to be an expensive one -- also you want two digital probe thermometers found at your pet stores - Zoo Med makes them --
any of these on this page will work --

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Get a digital with probe end thermometer.

IR thermometers can have issues with accuracy depending on the surface material they are measuring.
If you want an IR thermometer you should still get a digital with probe end to first verify your IR gun is measuring the temperature properly.

Any cheap digital with probe end will do (petstore or amazon)
For an IR gun, look into getting one with an adjustable emissivity setting. They aren't much more expensive than the non-adjustable ones, and it gives you the option to calibrate your IR gun to the surface you are measuring (assuming you know the emissivity value of your surface).

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom