Inflated Lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchaney71

Original Poster
I was reading up on some other pages and they noted that if your bearded dragon has a RI from aspirating that it make take a couple of rounds of antibiotics. She already had 1 round of 7 days of Baytril which mmmm I don't think really helped but maybe a little bit. She doesn't seem like she is having a hard time breathing as much as she did before but still has moments of hard breathing and turning black. How do I go about asking the vet for more meds? Do you think more meds are needed?

I am waiting on vet to email me the xrays so I can post them. Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Baytril is a broad spectrum antibiotic that may not be effective in all cases. The vet may want to take a sample to grow a culture to help determine which meds can be used to target a specific infection. It may also be effective to use a nebulizer to deliver the meds. That would be worth discussing with your vet.

tchaney71

Original Poster
Can I purchase Enrofloxacin (generic baytril) for nebulizer online from anywhere? I went on beardeddragon.co and I an unable to find anything. Thanks

tchaney71

Original Poster
working on it now.
Update, I am doing a second round of Baytril and so far she seems to be better. Her breathing is alot better although she has her moments but it looking good. thankyou to everyone all advise was welcome, thank you!!!!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing now? Is she improving then, with nebulizing treatments with Baytril?
That is great to hear her breathing is getting better. Hopefully it will continue to clear out for
her. Continue to keep her warmer overnight to help boost her system right now.

Tracie

tchaney71

Original Poster
Hello,

How is your girl doing now? Is she improving then, with nebulizing treatments with Baytril?
That is great to hear her breathing is getting better. Hopefully it will continue to clear out for
her. Continue to keep her warmer overnight to help boost her system right now.

Tracie
Her breathing is better but still not 100%, even after 2 rounds of Baytril. Where can I purchase Baytril? Maybe 1 more round will do the trick?

tchaney71

Original Poster
My beardie is still having the breathing issue not as bad but she is still turning black and looks as though she is choking, she has had 2 rounds of 10 day Baytril and seemed like she was doing better while taking the meds but now I'm not so sure. Any other ideas? Does anyone know you can buy Baytril online? Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie is still having the breathing issue not as bad but she is still turning black and looks as though she is choking, she has had 2 rounds of 10 day Baytril and seemed like she was doing better while taking the meds but now I'm not so sure. Any other ideas? Does anyone know you can buy Baytril online? Thanks
@Drache613

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom