Infertile Clutch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
Our 2-3 year old (rescue) female Cuban Rock Iguana has been a little rounder than normal the past few weeks and hasn't been eating well until last week. She started eating a lot and spending a lot of time trying to get out, very unlike her. When I'd take her out she didn't stay on my shoulders like she normally does. She's been so adventurous we even let her free roam yesterday for a few hours. She had a great time basking in the sun.

This morning I noticed her burrowing in her substrate again, as she's been doing a lot of the past week. When I went to get her food bowl out I saw the eggs. She bobbed me a bit and burrowed again. I removed the eggs without a problem.

Unfortunately our 3.5 year old male is WAY TOO BIG to mate with her, like maybe 2 lbs vs. maybe 8 lbs. Maybe be in a year or two if we can get her to eat better.

We were told (by the original rescuer that had her for 1.5 years) she had her first infertile clutch last June.

IMG_1884_.jpg

IMG_1892_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom