Infection or Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weaf88

Hello I'm looking for some advice about my Loki.
full

He is roughly 15 months old.
He has been glass surfing quite a bit in the last two days and I noticed his ears look a little off and I am not sure if this is because of an infection or that he is shedding because I've never seen his ears shed in the last year like I have his nose.
He also has been reluctant to eating his greens and veggies but gobbles up any meal worms or crickets I give him. He has also had some runny poops lately.
He is in a 40g tank which has a temp gradient from 85 to100 and his humidity is at 30%.
Below are images of both ears
full

full

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That just looks like shedding to me. I don't see sign for concern. At his age if he isn't eating his salads much, I'd try reducing the bugs for a while and see if you can get his interest in salad. Try hand feeding a bit to create movement to grab his attention. It may take a while to get him used to it, but it will be better in the long run if he is including a bigger portion of veges in his overall diet.

Weaf88

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1hwdlkdm said:
That just looks like shedding to me. I don't see sign for concern. At his age if he isn't eating his salads much, I'd try reducing the bugs for a while and see if you can get his interest in salad. Try hand feeding a bit to create movement to grab his attention. It may take a while to get him used to it, but it will be better in the long run if he is including a bigger portion of veges in his overall diet.

this is a better angle picture ... sorry I just want to be sure.
full
full

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, I don't see any indication of infection. It is just a normal looking shed coming up.
He looks very healthy, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom