Indent under bearded dragons hip

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
Hello, I have a 5 month bearded dragon named Qibli he is my first dragon and I’m worried about a indent under his hip I’m wondering if this is normal or not I was looking on the internet and I see some dragons have it. He is alert active he eats perfectly and his attitude hasn’t changed. image.jpg image.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is a very cute little one. That indentation is just the bone structure right there at the hip so
nothing to worry over.
What did you decide on the feeding for him? Since he is still growing, he does need a good
amount of protein so you can feed at least 2 times daily. The black soldier fly larvae are small
so they are perfect & easy to digest for him. You can add something else in for him like the small
to medium superworms or silkworms.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
Hello,

He is a very cute little one. That indentation is just the bone structure right there at the hip so
nothing to worry over.
What did you decide on the feeding for him? Since he is still growing, he does need a good
amount of protein so you can feed at least 2 times daily. The black soldier fly larvae are small
so they are perfect & easy to digest for him. You can add something else in for him like the small
to medium superworms or silkworms.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie
I decided I’ll feed him 30 BSFL after he eats his salad with some super worms then around two hrs later 15 Dubia roaches the size between his eyes dusted in calcium d3 and then for his last meal 12 Dubia roaches. I’m welcome to take suggestions that’s better for him

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I decided I’ll feed him 30 BSFL after he eats his salad with some super worms then around two hrs later 15 Dubia roaches the size between his eyes dusted in calcium d3 and then for his last meal 12 Dubia roaches. I’m welcome to take suggestions that’s better for him
Try that and see how it goes - I would offer the roaches one to two at a time and keep feeding them or put them in a bowl and see how many he eats- I would put the BSFL in the salad -- it will give you an idea of how much hes eating

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom