Indent under bearded dragons hip

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
Hello, I have a 5 month bearded dragon named Qibli he is my first dragon and I’m worried about a indent under his hip I’m wondering if this is normal or not I was looking on the internet and I see some dragons have it. He is alert active he eats perfectly and his attitude hasn’t changed. image.jpg image.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, I have a 5 month bearded dragon named Qibli he is my first dragon and I’m worried about a indent under his hip I’m wondering if this is normal or not I was looking on the internet and I see some dragons have it. He is alert active he eats perfectly and his attitude hasn’t changed. View attachment 71630 View attachment 71631
I don't know about indentation - is it the way he's standing that it appears?

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
I don't know about indentation - is it the way he's standing that it appears?
I’m not sure. When he is basking it goes away but I just want to make sure it’s not because i’m not feeding him enough i’m feeding him 20 BSFL and 2 decently sized Dubia roaches 3 times a day he is around 92-96 grams or so

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I’m not sure. When he is basking it goes away but I just want to make sure it’s not because i’m not feeding him enough i’m feeding him 20 BSFL and 2 decently sized Dubia roaches 3 times a day he is around 92-96 grams or so
Odd- I have some one else looking at him- please feed at least 50 bsfl at one feeding and feed roaches no bigger than the space between his eyes anything bigger he will get impacted- feeding the correct size he will eat about 10-15 of them-- his main diet is protein please feed fresh salads- put your bsfl on top of the salad drop them in front of him - you will need a glass or ceramic bowl w/ a lip so the bsfl can't get out- dust the roaches w/ calcium d3 ONCE per feeding so second feeding do not dust them-- you can add some super worms 1-3 on his salads- every couple days- another good lure-

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
Odd- I have some one else looking at him- please feed at least 50 bsfl at one feeding and feed roaches no bigger than the space between his eyes anything bigger he will get impacted- feeding the correct size he will eat about 10-15 of them-- his main diet is protein please feed fresh salads- put your bsfl on top of the salad drop them in front of him - you will need a glass or ceramic bowl w/ a lip so the bsfl can't get out- dust the roaches w/ calcium d3 ONCE per feeding so second feeding do not dust them-- you can add some super worms 1-3 on his salads- every couple days- another good lure-
So 50 BSFL at one feeding or all 3 feedings? And should I feed the 50 BSFL and 10-15 roaches at the same time? Or are they separate feedings? I’m also feeding him collard greens in the mornings because I was told in the morning they are looking for water and then around a hr after they start to look for protein. He eats his salad fine if I put pollen on it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So 50 BSFL at one feeding or all 3 feedings? And should I feed the 50 BSFL and 10-15 roaches at the same time? Or are they separate feedings? I’m also feeding him collard greens in the mornings because I was told in the morning they are looking for water and then around a hr after they start to look for protein. He eats his salad fine if I put pollen on it.
Ok good - 50 to start at one time for the bsfl- they are small and it takes a lot to feed them as a staple- at 3 months I was feeding blaze about 20 bsfl but that was on his salads- and about 15 dubias in the morning- then around 12 or so I would feed just dubias those were the main staple feeder- I also fed silk worms in the salads around 3 of those - super worms were also fed along w/ horn worms- it was a buffet some days - I would alternate the worms -

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
Ok good - 50 to start at one time for the bsfl- they are small and it takes a lot to feed them as a staple- at 3 months I was feeding blaze about 20 bsfl but that was on his salads- and about 15 dubias in the morning- then around 12 or so I would feed just dubias those were the main staple feeder- I also fed silk worms in the salads around 3 of those - super worms were also fed along w/ horn worms- it was a buffet some days - I would alternate the worms -
Oh I was way off with my dragons feeding schedule. Does that mean he is underweight right now? I’ll also start his new feeding schedule tomorrow thank you so much! and should I make any adjustments to his salad? I’m only feeding him collard greens at the moment

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Oh I was way off with my dragons feeding schedule. Does that mean he is underweight right now? I’ll also start his new feeding schedule tomorrow thank you so much! and should I make any adjustments to his salad? I’m only feeding him collard greens at the moment
I would mix it up w/ some turnip mustard and kale not all at the same time- alternate see what he likes - you can add zucchini or yellow squash rinse the green before serving it will keep him hydrated if he's eating his salads-I will post a website for nutrition tomorrow - fruit can be added too occasional tho- post a pic of him please

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
I would mix it up w/ some turnip mustard and kale not all at the same time- alternate see what he likes - you can add zucchini or yellow squash rinse the green before serving it will keep him hydrated if he's eating his salads-I will post a website for nutrition tomorrow - fruit can be added too occasional tho- post a pic of him please

Attachments

• 616D23FF-245C-4839-91CE-201D3604DFD2.jpeg
    616D23FF-245C-4839-91CE-201D3604DFD2.jpeg
    314.3 KB · Views: 76

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
I will post a website for nutrition tomorrow
here's the website. Nutrition Content ignore it saying kale is only occasional. it has been found to be a great staple green. here at our house we rotate through kale, mustard, collards, watercress, and dandelion greens with various squash, sweet potato, and peppers. about once a week or so we will add raspberries or blueberries, but not too much to keep sugar intake down.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom