Indecisive

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
crazy!!! yes!!! sir henry and our parakeet taela are in our office/classroom. my daughter and i are both college seniors taking classes online. so we are in the room with that scrabble, scrabble, flop, scrabbling ALL DAY!!! it does make it super hard to concentrate. he's eaten very little since the middle of september. but weight wise he's following his past historical data. so at least that gives us some peace of mind that it's just his usual annual pattern. are you keeping track of details like that for both nova and toothless? if not, i'd start even if that info is only useful come next year for comparison. if nothing else, it gives you something to focus on that could wind up useful down the line.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
crazy!!! yes!!! sir henry and our parakeet taela are in our office/classroom. my daughter and i are both college seniors taking classes online. so we are in the room with that scrabble, scrabble, flop, scrabbling ALL DAY!!! it does make it super hard to concentrate. he's eaten very little since the middle of september. but weight wise he's following his past historical data. so at least that gives us some peace of mind that it's just his usual annual pattern. are you keeping track of details like that for both nova and toothless? if not, i'd start even if that info is only useful come next year for comparison. if nothing else, it gives you something to focus on that could wind up useful down the line.
Yes, I have a detailed log of both the date, their age, length (including tail) and weight.

We got her in October and she's about 6 months and was 106g when we got her and she's 475g as of a few days ago so her weight is good, thankfully. Despite her not eating much. She only ate a few worms today. She stopped crickets entirely like a month ago and is strictly roaches but hasn't been eating them much lately.

How is it they know it's warmer outside, do you know.? Nova doesn't like going outside but she does like to "go on a walk" around the house. Her scratching and pacing is definitely driving us crazy and makes me feel bad because our male, Toothless, is in another tank across our room and we have to xover him up when she's out because he'll charge the glass and run back and forth and it's the only way to get him to calm down and I hate having to do that to him most of the day because of whatever going on with her.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
Yes, I have a detailed log of both the date, their age, length (including tail) and weight.

We got her in October and she's about 6 months and was 106g when we got her and she's 475g as of a few days ago so her weight is good, thankfully. Despite her not eating much. She only ate a few worms today. She stopped crickets entirely like a month ago and is strictly roaches but hasn't been eating them much lately.

How is it they know it's warmer outside, do you know.? Nova doesn't like going outside but she does like to "go on a walk" around the house. Her scratching and pacing is definitely driving us crazy and makes me feel bad because our male, Toothless, is in another tank across our room and we have to xover him up when she's out because he'll charge the glass and run back and forth and it's the only way to get him to calm down and I hate having to do that to him most of the day because of whatever going on with her.
i think they know just because they know! it's what they are built for. if i had your guys, i wouldn't be too concerned with this behavior even if it annoyed the crap outta me. (which i know it would.)

but that being said, i definitely would separate them more than you have since you started posting on here. the more we rule out, the more i think that proximity is still what is setting them both off. and even if they can't see each other, they for sure can smell each other. like it isn't the root cause of anything, but it definitely isn't helping things either.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
i think they know just because they know! it's what they are built for. if i had your guys, i wouldn't be too concerned with this behavior even if it annoyed the crap outta me. (which i know it would.)

but that being said, i definitely would separate them more than you have since you started posting on here. the more we rule out, the more i think that proximity is still what is setting them both off. and even if they can't see each other, they for sure can smell each other. like it isn't the root cause of anything, but it definitely isn't helping things either.
I think that definitely may be it.. it's not even 11am, Nova has only been up maybe an hour and my boyfriend already had to take her out. She sat on his shoulder for a bit before getting down and scrambling across the bed. She wants down in the floor and over to the closer door that's right by her tank but we don't know why. The closet is filled with stuff and she's never been in it before. She is driving us crazy
😅

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
" Scrabble scrabble, flop ! LOL ! :ROFLMAO: Best definition of hearing without seeing what beardie is doing !

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom