Incense Burning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkelley

I occasionally burn incense around the house and in my room, where my dragons enclosure is. I was just wondering if the incense would have any negative effects on my dragon.

Nikki1292

I enjoy burning incense in my room where my beardie was but noticed that he started to stop eating. I moved his tank to another room where I never burned incense and he perked up in a few days. I don't recommend burning it around your beardie, speaking from personal experience. Not saying that you should stop burning them, just not near your beardie.

bkelley

Original Poster
Nikki1292":1jgkffec said:
I enjoy burning incense in my room where my beardie was but noticed that he started to stop eating. I moved his tank to another room where I never burned incense and he perked up in a few days. I don't recommend burning it around your beardie, speaking from personal experience. Not saying that you should stop burning them, just not near your beardie.
Yeah, I'm gonna keep it out of his room. They sometimes get a little potent even for me, so I'd imagine it wouldn't be too good for him. Thanks for the reply.

kimbasmom

Juvie Member
bkelley":f0vdyqoh said:
I occasionally burn incense around the house and in my room, where my dragons enclosure is. I was just wondering if the incense would have any negative effects on my dragon.

I also suspect this may be a YMMV situation. I have burned incense for years, and have lived with many different pets (cats, parrots, beardies), and haven't noticed any ill effects. I do, however, due to my allergies, and personal preferences, burn either hand-dipped/hand-made incense, or incense from specific regions such as Tibetian incense or Japanese joss sticks, both of which contain no wooden stick (called a "punk stick") or fillers and the chemicals required to keep the incense bound to the stick. The cheap Indian incense sold in most stores is mostly perfume, and that aggravates my allergies. So I'm very careful not to use incense that will set off my allergies (mostly as long as it's not heavy perfume, that's good.)

For full disclosure, I also have an online store selling incense and other metaphysical items, but I'm very careful to carry only the brands I use, or can personally vouch for, as an allergy sufferer. I also keep my beardie in the dining room/living room area, and most of the incense is burned in my den/office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom