In need of some advice, we have yellow fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
My sweet Pixel has just been diagnosed with yellow fungus. I'm looking for any suggestions or advice on caring for her.

I'm waiting for my vet to get her oral medication on Monday and for now I am told to apply monistat topically.

Any advice is appreciated..

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so, so sorry ! I saw your post in the E.R. Is the vet prescribing itraconazole ? That's the med. that I've heard is the best for it. And Monistat is also what I've read is used topically, or other anti fungal creams. Hopefully she can maintain her health and even live with it under control. That's my sincere hope for you + sweet Pixel !

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much. I'm not sure the name of the medication, but that does sound similar to what he said. I just hope she's not in pain.

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
this is what we're using to treat the yellow fungus:

and this is to treat coccidia:

Anybody know or have any opinions on these medications?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I may be mistaken but don't think so. I thought toltrazuril was for coccidian? If it was given for coccidian then its an excellent med. It cleared up my geico's coccidia in two doses. Never heard of it given for anything other than coccidia. Its other name I believe is Baycox. If given for yellow fungus I would check with Drache613 about it.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
The top one is voriconazole, which looks to be one of the preferred treatments for yellow fungus. It's listed as an alternative to the one ADBH mentioned.
The tonazuril is supposed to be a preferred choice for Coccidia in dragons as well, as it is more targeted. Albon is more broad spectrum and can be harder on the system.

Good luck with little Pixel, I'll be rooting for her.

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks so much for the advice.

the vet seemed to believe the voriconazole was the best way to treat her. i'm really hoping it works. she looks absolutely miserable and it kills me.

she had her first dose of both meds last night and today she is actually up on her platform basking a bit and doing some waving and beard stretches which I haven't seen for a few days... she had a nice big healthy poop too, which weirdly always makes us all happy.

Reptiles4Life

Sub-Adult Member
So sorry to her sweet pixel has yellow fungus my dad has a good background in biology and taught me that you really need to keep pixel away from any other animal my dad says it spreads it fungus spores like wild fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom