Impaction

Help2022

Original Poster
So I have a beardie that's about a year old just a few days ago I went back to feeding her mealworm because I was told they were high on fat.maybe 2days later she not moving around much she's dragging her back legs and laying on her belly I was told it can be impaction so I've been trying to
To give her warm baths and rub belly rubs I was also recommended to give her prune juice and applesauce and neither of the two works because she won't except it she spits it out and I've also been trying to give her water and she doesn't really drink it when she's in the bath so does anybody has any tips to make beardies use the bathroom?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I have a beardie that's about a year old just a few days ago I went back to feeding her mealworm because I was told they were high on fat.maybe 2days later she not moving around much she's dragging her back legs and laying on her belly I was told it can be impaction so I've been trying to
To give her warm baths and rub belly rubs I was also recommended to give her prune juice and applesauce and neither of the two works because she won't except it she spits it out and I've also been trying to give her water and she doesn't really drink it when she's in the bath so does anybody has any tips to make beardies use the bathroom?
Get some canned pumpkin plain add a drop or two of olive oil and honey --- see if she will eat it -- if not make a slurry out of it w/ some water and feed off a spoon or syringe --- see how that goes -- keep feeding it till she poops -- she does need to stay hydrated to keep things moving - if feeding by syringe feed real slow so she does not aspirate --- let her swallow what you put in

Help2022

Original Poster
Get some canned pumpkin plain add a drop or two of olive oil and honey --- see if she will eat it -- if not make a slurry out of it w/ some water and feed off a spoon or syringe --- see how that goes -- keep feeding it till she poops -- she does need to stay hydrated to keep things moving - if feeding by syringe feed real slow so she does not aspirate --- let her swallow what you put in
Okay so she finally had a BM which is good but still isn't moving around as much is that normal and what time of food I should give her for I guess this "healing stage"?

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom