Impacted or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
To get the most accurate basking surface temp, make sure you're holding the gun 2" from the area you're checking.

If you could get her to bask a little longer, that would help to move things along quicker too. Just a thought.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What is the actual basking SURFACE temp with the gun held 2" away?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok, good, she should be fine with that basking temp. You could try placing her on it, she may decide to stay there a little longer for you, sure can't hurt.

miloandrufusdragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok. I will try that. Thanks for relieving me about her not being impacted but rather taking forever to pass a lot of supers. I mean she would be super sluggish and have no appetite if she was impacted and I would have felt hard masses in her belly. You were awesome and so helpful. Thanks! :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's what we're here for, to help out. Be sure to keep us updated on her.

miloandrufusdragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I noticed my beardie doing the poop dance. She left me a big surprise. So no undigested things and no blood. It wasn't runny or smelly. I guess it must've taken forever for the poor girl to pass all those supers. I notice a huge boom in activity! I'll stick to bugs once a week no more than twice. I'll also stick to calcium once or twice a week as my vet said it also takes a while to digest. Got any high fiber veggies to reccomend? Fiber is supposed to help poop right? You are awesome help guys. Thanks! :blob8:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great that she cleaned herself out & gave you a nice surprise. :p Must seem so good to see her active again. You could actually give her like 2 supers a day, seems easier for them to be able to digest them when given only a few at a time rather than just feeding once a wk, that is what I have noticed anyway. At her age, calcium twice a wk is fine.

Any of these greens would be great to offer daily, the ones in green print, the moisture from them will do her good. Squash is very good also. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Thanks for the great update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom