Impacted, maybe.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Okay, this may be gross.

Toothless pooped a few hours ago, relatively normal and then ate some crickets. He just went again, but this time it was only the white part and it wasn't firm like it usually is and I saw him... maybe not necessarily push, but I could see the vent tensing like I'd imagine it would when he's pushing.? If that makes sense. Surely he isn't impacted or anything.? It may be a little hard to see, but I did take a picture of the white part this time, if needed

He typically goes about twice a day. And the only thing done differently was that he had a few bites of carrots and apples, both peeled and diced up small enough for him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Okay, this may be gross.

Toothless pooped a few hours ago, relatively normal and then ate some crickets. He just went again, but this time it was only the white part and it wasn't firm like it usually is and I saw him... maybe not necessarily push, but I could see the vent tensing like I'd imagine it would when he's pushing.? If that makes sense. Surely he isn't impacted or anything.? It may be a little hard to see, but I did take a picture of the white part this time, if needed

He typically goes about twice a day. And the only thing done differently was that he had a few bites of carrots and apples, both peeled and diced up small enough for him.
If he's pooping anything out he wouldn't be impacted

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Even if it's just the white part.? I'd hate for him to have diarrhea, either. It was definitely odd, I'd never seen him do just that before.
So he pooped once that was brown and then a second time just white? Watch what he does today then let us know we can recommend stuff to feed if hes impacted that will make him go

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
So he pooped once that was brown and then a second time just white? Watch what he does today then let us know we can recommend stuff to feed if hes impacted that will make him go
He went again this morning and it looked a little more.. loose.? Not watery but not like it typically is. He's still acting and eating normal.

What's good food to feed for impaction and for diarrhea, just so I know. I don't think he has diarrhea, he's only gone once so far and it's only noon here, which is normal, because he isn't lethargic and wants to eat and will run around if we bring him out and stuff.

I know its gross but i do have a photo of yesterday's and today's if it'd help.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He went again this morning and it looked a little more.. loose.? Not watery but not like it typically is. He's still acting and eating normal.

What's good food to feed for impaction and for diarrhea, just so I know. I don't think he has diarrhea, he's only gone once so far and it's only noon here, which is normal, because he isn't lethargic and wants to eat and will run around if we bring him out and stuff.

I know its gross but i do have a photo of yesterday's and today's if it'd help.
Post a pic of the poop ---- plain canned pumpkin or baby food pumpkin w/ a drop of olive oil / a drop of honey

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Post a pic of the poop ---- plain canned pumpkin or baby food pumpkin w/ a drop of olive oil / a drop of honey
Just the white was yesterday, the actual one is today's.

Attachments

• 20220922_201607.jpg
    20220922_201607.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220923_122313.jpg
    20220923_122313.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 49

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okay, good. He just went again and it looked completely normal.

I'm terrified of him getting sick and not being able to help him or something.😩
Best way is to make sure his surface basking temps and temps in the tank along w/ the UVB is all up to par -

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Try not to worry so much, if you spend all your time worrying you will miss out on enjoying a great pet. They are pretty hardy animals, as long as you have both uvb and basking correct, and even halfway right with diet he will do just fine. :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They really are like babies everyone worries so much with the 1st one then by 2 or 3 they are like "shrug" nothings broke he'll be fine lol.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom