I'm sad again....(missing Rocky)

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
So I am angry one minute then sad the next. Rocky is still sleeping. I sat and stared at him today and talked to him softly...nothing. He is still sleeping.
When my mother calls on the phone, he opens his eyes immediately! HOW RUDE!!!

Yesterday, I called his name and he literally blew me off. I did call his name about 100 times but I miss Rocky so much. Yes, I check on Rocky ever few hours - he moves from the front to the back of the hide (I never see him in action) but he sleeps all day.
I am being punked, I know I am.

Tomorrow I am going to wake him up to get a bath -
What is the point of this message? Absolutely no point- I just needed to vent because how am I pet parent without a pet?

I have rotten collard greens to throw out- at least my dubia roaches are breeding.

I miss my Rocky!

I've watched some funny iguana videos (will never do that)- love the tegu videos-
but it only makes me want my Rocky more. Wake up Rocky!!!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Bless your heart, it sounds like your going through separation anxiety. He will wake up soon and you guys will be back to chillin!!! 🙂🙂🙂

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
come on now, i'm trying to sleep here! what's that you say? grandma's on the phone????

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Okay we just finished bathtime so I get 2 days of play. I am happy again! Rocky was extremely thirsty but he wouldnt drink on his own. He made me place the water o his nose and let it run down at least 20 times. I tried to swirl the water so he can see it. He looked at it, even put his face close to it but why drink if you have your owner wrapped around your finger?

Rocky is up and I am excited. He gave me a hug so I know he's excited to see me too.
Yes I have issues but I blame this site LOL!
After bath time he ran right over to check out a new item in my room, he doesn't miss a thing!!!
I had to put him in his enclosure and he's basking right now hence my ability to come here. I will soak up every moment. :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Attachments

• 20221217_100253.jpg
    20221217_100253.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 87

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
come on now, i'm trying to sleep here! what's that you say? grandma's on the phone????
LOL I did exactly that, I went to sleep and waiting for today. It worked.
Rocky doesn't get grandma today! It's all about us!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Okay we just finished bathtime so I get 2 days of play. I am happy again! Rocky was extremely thirsty but he wouldnt drink on his own. He made me place the water o his nose and let it run down at least 20 times. I tried to swirl the water so he can see it. He looked at it, even put his face close to it but why drink if you have your owner wrapped around your finger?

Rocky is up and I am excited. He gave me a hug so I know he's excited to see me too.
Yes I have issues but I blame this site LOL!
After bath time he ran right over to check out a new item in my room, he doesn't miss a thing!!!
I had to put him in his enclosure and he's basking right now hence my ability to come here. I will soak up every moment. :love::love::love::love::love::love:
Wow he is really grow well. He looks very good in that pic.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
We just finished playing. That's why he is in that position like ummm, what are you doing and where are you going? (notice the stress marks are about to start...SPOILED)
(the background is giving optical illusion right now- I am in the midst of redecorating again)

I have calcium powder all over me- and he doesn't want to go back in. I don't see the growth at all. I may have said this before but everyone says he is getting big and I'm one of those parents that is constantly in denial like--- no he's not growing, the clothes got small in the dryer:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Reading the other posts and where I've obtained Rocky, I have accepted that he is going to have stunted growth. And get this, I didn't whine about that LOL

Attachments

• 20221217_144608.jpg
    20221217_144608.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 20221217_144655.jpg
    20221217_144655.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 91

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
He looks extremely healthy, and don't look stunted in the pics at all to me.
Oh the calcium powder. I wear black shirts at work, i go in everyday looking like I'm a baker instead of a mechanic 🤣 🤣 🤣

klime

You seem to have mixed emotions about your pet iguana, Rocky. It's completely understandable to feel frustrated and sad when you don't get the response or interaction you want from your pet. It is important to remember that animals have their own behavior and personality, and they may not always respond to us in the way we expect. .Expressing your feelings can be helpful, and it's understandable that you miss Rocky's company. It's important to find healthy ways to deal with these emotions and to remember that pets have their own unique behaviors and needs. Also, finding creative outlets to express your emotions can be therapeutic. Consider writing or even buy a poem that reflects your feelings about Rocky. Artistic expression can help you deal with your emotions and serve as a heartfelt tribute to your beloved animal. It can be a wonderful way to honor your bond with Rocky and to keep the memories of your time together, a poem can be a meaningful keepsake that embodies your love and longing for Rocky.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
@klime, welcome to the forum. if you have your own dragon and need any help or have questions, please don't hesitate to ask. you'll find a huge community that is willing to help make sure ALL dragons have the best lives they can live. we almost live through the stories of other bearded dragons and rocky is no exception.

you should go back and read all the posts put up about rocky. they are hilarious on top of being a fabulous archive of the journey from purchase up to now. we all love rocky stories!!! they definitely fall under the category of creative outlets and artistic expression, which were great suggestions on your part.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
You seem to have mixed emotions about your pet iguana, Rocky. It's completely understandable to feel frustrated and sad when you don't get the response or interaction you want from your pet. It is important to remember that animals have their own behavior and personality, and they may not always respond to us in the way we expect. .Expressing your feelings can be helpful, and it's understandable that you miss Rocky's company. It's important to find healthy ways to deal with these emotions and to remember that pets have their own unique behaviors and needs. Also, finding creative outlets to express your emotions can be therapeutic. Consider writing or even buy a poem that reflects your feelings about Rocky. Artistic expression can help you deal with your emotions and serve as a heartfelt tribute to your beloved animal. It can be a wonderful way to honor your bond with Rocky and to keep the memories of your time together, a poem can be a meaningful keepsake that embodies your love and longing for Rocky.
Rocky and I welcome you to the community klime! @hdochow covered it all.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom