If your going to charge me for a dozen then give me a dozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
This is just a pointless rant...

Well I was at pet smart today getting crickets. When the guy got the crickets in the bag which was no more then probably around 15 crickets he starts counting them one by one right in front of my face and then gets rid of a few. He hands me the bag and sort of PO'ed from that I count the crickets to return the favor. There was only 10 crickets in the bag, so I counted again to make sure I was right. I told him that there is only 10 in here and asked for just 2 more. The guy said that he counted and there is 12. So what I did was asked if he could call his manager to come and do it for him since he would not. He rolled his eyes and took the bag back and went though the process of putting everything in the bag again (which took him a while) With all that trouble and time wasted I get to walk out the door with 12 and not 10 crickets for $1.40

The reason why I am sharing this with you guys is because if a company has policy's that require their staff to count out the crickets and dump out the extras they better damned give me the correct amount so I don't have to pay for more then what I'm buying.

I really to get me some dubia.

Epic

Juvie Member
I would of told him to eat the 10 crickets for lunch, and gone somewhere else. How many crix do you go through a week? Might be time to either start that dubia colony or order crix online in bulk.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Oh, I would have still insisted on seeing the manager. He had attitude, and I would not have tolerated that.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
LJean":c54f2 said:
Oh, I would have still insisted on seeing the manager. He had attitude, and I would not have tolerated that.

I second that. Although. if it had been my husband I probably would have had to come up with bail money because well, let's just say that he doesn't do well with disrespect :x

Grixxly15 - I am impresses though that you were able to make it out of Pet Smart with all of your crickets alive. I have never been able to buy crickets there or at PetCo and make it home without some of them being dead. Fortunately we have a local petshop that orders them for us in bulk and we get them that way.

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Epic":14c9e said:
I would of told him to eat the 10 crickets for lunch, and gone somewhere else. How many crix do you go through a week? Might be time to either start that dubia colony or order crix online in bulk.

I go through like 50 a week. I got a thing of superworms from a aquarium place that I like that also sells herptile supplies. So I thought I'd just buy some crickets for a variety for hunter at petsmart.

I think once the weather starts to warm up consistently I'm going to order dubia.

tylerl19

I went and picked up a bag of "24 count" that i just was begged, ( i like fresh) and i make them get fresh ones for me but since i just saw them bagged i ssnatched them up. well i got hime and there were 8 CRICKETS IN THE BAG!!! i saved the reciept and today when i go get crix i will tell them i would like them to add the 16 crickets i got shorted on in the bag with my purchase. Its not that hard to count!

Erica582

Hatchling Member
I totally understand! We used to buy crickets by the 100's at petland (for $14), and I got my boyfriend to count them once and there were around 70 in them. I told petland more than once and they simply say ' we dont package the crickets'. Stupid. Luckily we've found $100 for $8.50 from somewhere else :D

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
spikez123":4a587 said:
12 crickets for $1.40? i used to get 36 for 86 cents. now i get 100 for 10 bucks.

Yea 11 cents each crickets + tax. Way over priced.

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
I hatee when Petsmart counts the crickets and dumps some out. It really ticks me off. I NEVER go there any more. I get 10 for a dollar. The other place only gives 15 for a dollar but they usually don't rip me off.

ronni1221

Juvie Member
YARGH! I know the feeling! The other thing a hate about petsmart's cricket ways is that after they've counted the exact 12, you get into the car and realize that one is dead/dying. Why are they so darn anal about the crickets. It's not like they take an inventory of them at the end of the day.

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
BrittanyS":fa872 said:
I hatee when Petsmart counts the crickets and dumps some out. It really ticks me off. I NEVER go there any more. I get 10 for a dollar. The other place only gives 15 for a dollar but they usually don't rip me off.

Yea it really does tick me off. An old mom&pop pet store charged a dollar for a dozen but when I asked for a dozen they gave me more like 2-3 dozen. I did not like the store but it was the best place to get crickets.

@haley I would much rather have your incident then mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom