idk if hes in brumation or died

drewandedward

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Edward scissorhands
thank u so much for your help, i don't plan on getting any more pets soon- I do have 2 rats I'd say I'm a much better with rodents then reptiles although a bearded dragon is my dream pet, maybe another time when I have more knowledge about them

HeathJenks

Beardie name(s)
Pi'lar (Pea-lar)
so I have a bearded dragon I got him as a juvenile on December 18th 2021, he was tiny when I got him and he is my first ever bearded dragon besides my ex step brother has one and we use to be best friends, their name was Micky and they were an adult dragon he was pretty big and super chill so that's what I was use to, Edward was super fast and skittish and I barely handled him when he was small besides when I gave him baths, i know that was a mistake.

right now he hasn't ate in a couple days and he's barley moving at all, I first thought he was in brumation but 3 days ago I woke up and I found him upside down with his legs in the air at the bottom on his basking rock, my heart shattered u instantly thought he was gone but I picked him up and he opened his mouth and me and moved into a more comfortable position, he's was breathing and moving slow but he was alive I picked him up and cuddled with him because I thought that was gonna be my last moment with him and I wanted him to know he's loved, like I said I barely ever handle him and when I do he hates it he's very skittish and scared of me but for the past 3 days he's not been moving at all and allowing me to take him out and I just cuddle and cry with him,

he's been breathing okay until today I barley see his stomach moving and when it does its not often maybe once a minute, his eyes don't seem "sucken" to me but they are barley opened, his limbs aren't completely stiff but he also doesn't feel normal.

I am so so worried I can't lose him, I want to take him to the vet but we really don't have the money too, later today I'm going to petco or something and going to try and find antibiotics for him or something idk anything I don't know how to help him, also his beard is black and so is the end of his tail and those both are new, please help I'm very worried, he's all my support I need him

please does anyone know what I should do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post on your own thread - go to the forums board and post under Health - on that thread post your UVB coil or long tube fixture -------- basking temps and how your taking them NO stick ons and what they are --- please post pics of your dragon and tank

HeathJenks

Beardie name(s)
Pi'lar (Pea-lar)
If u found him upside down with feet in the air he could have fallen from his basking area. He could have broken something. I am sorry u r having a hard time but the best thing u could do is take him to the vet tomorrow morning. Sometimes my bearded dragon tumbles off of her furniture but she is 10. I make padded areas where she could possibly fall if that makes sense.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

My sincere condolences, to you. :cry: It is never ever easy to lose a precious dragon.
We are all here to help if you ever decide to bring home another one.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom