Idk if he’s hurt or mad

https.gyanaaa

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Killa Clearkin
I took my bearded dragon outside, and he went up high on my shoulders I tried to lean down so he has easy access down to the grass but he jumped off and then puffed up. I’ve never seen my lizard do that, his chin got black (it’s a faint black now, but his chin is normally darker cause it doesn’t get much light) he’s walking fine, he doesn’t seem to be hurt but I just wanna make sure. I think we have a good bond. But I don’t know how to tell if he’s angry,upset,hurt. Like he seems to be fine. He ran on his two back legs at me. I have him back in the cage now after a 15 minute chase. I just need someone to tell me something.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I took my bearded dragon outside, and he went up high on my shoulders I tried to lean down so he has easy access down to the grass but he jumped off and then puffed up. I’ve never seen my lizard do that, his chin got black (it’s a faint black now, but his chin is normally darker cause it doesn’t get much light) he’s walking fine, he doesn’t seem to be hurt but I just wanna make sure. I think we have a good bond. But I don’t know how to tell if he’s angry,upset,hurt. Like he seems to be fine. He ran on his two back legs at me. I have him back in the cage now after a 15 minute chase. I just need someone to tell me something.
Sounds like he got traumatized from the jump/fall - keep an eye on him and the black beard if it gets really black he could be in pain - I would keep him in his tank so he can regroup - watch his eating and how hes getting around the next few days

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If you don't take him outside regularly, it may have just stressed him out. Beardies are semiaboreal and are pretty good jumpers. Unless he landed on a rock or something with an edge he is probably just freaked out. Also they see in some spectrums that we dont so we look different to them in natural sun light. That seems to put all mine on edge untill they get used to it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, your beardie ran on his back legs? That doesn't happen often. He is likely not injured,
but might have seen something such as a large bird, etc that could have scared him. When
that happens, it ends up stressing them & it takes them awhile to recover.
I would consider getting a leash or harness, for reptiles, to put on him when taking him outdoors
so nothing happens to him.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom