• December Photo Competition!
    We are excited to announce the return of our regular photo competitions, starting things off with the holiday season! Gather the best photos of your bearded dragons... the theme for this month is "Fun and Festive!" For details check out the December Photo Compeitition thread.

Ian's microfarm.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Saw a great idea on ABC Gardening Show --- a botanic gardens gardener controls invasive herbs and plants by planting them in pots and then planting the pots in the raised beds .... they are much less able to spread and take over and pretty much contained inside the rim of planted pot ....

This I'll be doing when I start populating my HERB BED.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Dammit , my strawberries are being stolen by birds,. they are waiting for the berries to ripen and then picking them off the plants and flying off with them ....

Time to invest in a roll of bird mesh and some 1" PVC pipe and compression fittings to make a frame that can be assembled as needed and placed over the ripening strawberries to stop the birds and fruitbats and possums from stealing the berries. Got a few Noisy Minerbirds who we've seen helping themselves to the strawberries.

1637236817863.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Transplanted the roma tomatoes (grown from seeds) , the two parsleys (tube stock) to 40cm pots .... really rootbound in the tubes , pretty viciously separated the 3 tomato seedlings I could from the 4 in the tube , and same with the parsley, cut away lots of roots that were there.

Hoping I've not killed the plants. Guess we''ll know soon enough.

Top Bottom