I wonder what the story is behind this ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Definitely not. Maybe a break up,eviction or some inhumane person thought this would be funny. Glad they're being cared for , hope none develop R.I.'s from time spent in the cold.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Some people are just awful. Of course, it doesn't help that many animal shelters don't take reptiles as surrenders... but I'd think that near a big city like Boston you could find someone or some rescue group to take them!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I have one word for that kind person but it's not an allowed word on this board.

[Inappropriate comment removed by Moderator]

Only responses that were on the mark were from "loverboy" and "nsierra" , the rest of the replies I saw were by id1ots.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Topics like this can elicit strong feelings for sure. Friendly reminder to please at least keep the comments civil.

Thank you

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Things like this are very upsetting indeed. :cry:
I don't understand people who would do such a thing, nor would I care to know them either.
I am so glad that they are being taken care of now~!

Tracie

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Assuming it was an abandonment case I think this stems from people refusing to ask for help or admit they are overwhelmed in some way and need to simplify their life. People seem to go to great lengths to avoid admitting they need help. They delude themselves into thinking their poor action is okay because it's just a one time thing. That is getting into a whole separate issue about mental health (and the lack of) in the USA.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
DorgEndo":33n12ypp said:
Assuming it was an abandonment case I think this stems from people refusing to ask for help or admit they are overwhelmed in some way and need to simplify their life. People seem to go to great lengths to avoid admitting they need help. They delude themselves into thinking their poor action is okay because it's just a one time thing. That is getting into a whole separate issue about mental health (and the lack of) in the USA.
I agree with most of what you said but, mental problems stretch WORLDWIDE.
Personally I would like to see them put in a locked room with me (6' 1" 275lb former weightlifter / bouncer) for about 15 minutes while I explain the error of their ways. They might SEE things in a different light after a week or so.

Yes, this thread touched a nerve to put it mildly!!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If it's a mental health issue ( which I REALLY doubt ) , and the *&^%$@#* is caught and brought brought up before a judge , their lawyer will get them off all charges and they'll not get punished for their act.

I think this is someone who knew exactly what they doing and don't care if the reptiles suffered or died in the freezing cold conditions. This makes them oxygen thieves IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom