I want a beardie

MzCapricorn

Hi everyone, I think beardies and iguanas are so cute. I found out about this website from TikTok and I want to know all I can before owning a beardie. I'm moving to VA and once I get settled I would like to know the best option to purchase a beardie and all of supplies for it's enclosure (which I want to purchase and setup 1st). Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi everyone, I think beardies and iguanas are so cute. I found out about this website from TikTok and I want to know all I can before owning a beardie. I'm moving to VA and once I get settled I would like to know the best option to purchase a beardie and all of supplies for it's enclosure (which I want to purchase and setup 1st). Thanks
Post when your ready--- we can set you up w/ all the correct lighting and everything you need --

If you're anything like any of us, you will spend hundreds of hours doing your research - everything from reading books, to watching videos, to reading forums and asking all the hundreds of questions that will come up.

Don't be scared to ask - when you move and you're settled the people on here are absolutely fantastic and will help you get on the right track from the get-go.

You're in good hands!

Will this be your first reptile?

MzCapricorn

Original Poster
Yes this will be my first reptile and you just eased my nerves by saying I will get all the help from the members of the app.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
This forum is fantastic and we are all glad to help, we want every single beardie to thrive!
When your ready to get your beardie check out the online breeders and morphmarket.com we generally don't recommend buying from a box store, and certainly don't listen to a word they say they are dead wrong 99.999999999% of the time. I even see a lot of bad info at the actual reptile stores to (that makes me sad and angry. They should know better). You will get a healthier beardie from a breeder, abd there are so many morphs and colors it will make your head spin. They cost a little more but it's worth every penny. Besides one trip that you don't have to make to the vet with a box store beardie offsets the extra up front..... just saying 😁

MzCapricorn

Original Poster
This forum is fantastic and we are all glad to help, we want every single beardie to thrive!
When your ready to get your beardie check out the online breeders and morphmarket.com we generally don't recommend buying from a box store, and certainly don't listen to a word they say they are dead wrong 99.999999999% of the time. I even see a lot of bad info at the actual reptile stores to (that makes me sad and angry. They should know better). You will get a healthier beardie from a breeder, abd there are so many morphs and colors it will make your head spin. They cost a little more but it's worth every penny. Besides one trip that you don't have to make to the vet with a box store beardie offsets the extra up front..... just saying 😁
Thank you so much

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I think this is awesome. Getting an animal can be a lonely thing. There is so much important prep work, for any animal!

Like it took me awhile to learn that the Repashy supplements and foods, sure they are one brand option, but are made by a super cool dude, Allen Repashy, who has been in the reptile hobby for decades. At some point literally writing the book on crested geckos in particular. Maybe it is not beardie specialty but there is a big world of herp culture people who do help each other.

There is always so much to learn and keep learning too. And people do things differently which can be okay, but also not. No calcium sand 🛑, no sand for baby or juvenile dragons 🛑, but a dig box with some play sand and organic top soil and clay is fantastic - especially for the half of beardies that will lay eggs eventually. No need to live in a sand box, but some sandish digging option for adult dragons is beneficial

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bert_L
Top Bottom