I THINK THERES BLODD IN MY LIZARDS POOP??

Hi! My beardie Matilda just pooped and I was alarmed that when I saw that it was red. She hasn't eaten any red veggies or fruits so it wouldn't be from that. She's 16 months old and I've NEVER seen anything like this. PLEASE HELP.

Attachments

• 20220810_164847.jpg
    20220810_164847.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 141

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What insects is she eating & what do you feed the insects?
Do you give any dry pellets at all, or vitamin supplementation?
How is she doing, is she lethargic or black bearded?
It does appear red, hopefully that is not blood. It might be a
good idea to get a fecal done, if possible.

Tracie

anie-and-matilda

Original Poster
Hello,

What insects is she eating & what do you feed the insects?
Do you give any dry pellets at all, or vitamin supplementation?
How is she doing, is she lethargic or black bearded?
It does appear red, hopefully that is not blood. It might be a
good idea to get a fecal done, if possible.

Tracie
She eats dubias once or twice a week and any other time I feed her salads. I provide the roaches leftover salad she doesn't eat so there's no waste. I have given her dry pellets before but it has been months. I dust her bugs and salads with calcium +D3. She is not lethargic or black-bearded! She is usually very energetic and hyper and that hasn't changed. I would get a fecal done but the closest reptile vet to me is about 50 miles away :( She has pooped again and in that stool, she had some undigested food.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She eats dubias once or twice a week and any other time I feed her salads. I provide the roaches leftover salad she doesn't eat so there's no waste. I have given her dry pellets before but it has been months. I dust her bugs and salads with calcium +D3. She is not lethargic or black-bearded! She is usually very energetic and hyper and that hasn't changed. I would get a fecal done but the closest reptile vet to me is about 50 miles away :( She has pooped again and in that stool, she had some undigested food.
Please get your basking temps to 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer they are the most accurate.
Was that stool red? You can take a fecal in for testing please do not have them do an enema if you take her. Its best to take the sample in enemas are too risky and vet usually like a 24 hr sample. Here is a website to find a vet closest to you please use a bigger cities zip code if your in a small area / town.
www.arav.org

anie-and-matilda

Original Poster
Please get your basking temps to 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer they are the most accurate.
Was that stool red? You can take a fecal in for testing please do not have them do an enema if you take her. Its best to take the sample in enemas are too risky and vet usually like a 24 hr sample. Here is a website to find a vet closest to you please use a bigger cities zip code if your in a small area / town.
www.arav.org
Okay, thank you so much!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, so it doesn't sound like the discoloration was from anything that she has eaten. The color is
very odd, but hopefully it isn't blood. I would definitely recommend trying to get a fecal done, just
in case she does have worms or parasites that are causing intestinal distress leading to blood loss.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom