I think my beardies are telepathic

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Ok so i have been observing something i can't explain with my beardies.

Back story. I have a ferret nation cage on my patio, it's two levels that are seperated and has a solid black plastic tray in the bottom. I put two beardies out in the morning sun, one on each level. They have zero line of sight.
Two of my beardies are in the same room my computer desk is sandwiched between their habitats. I keep a thick towel ovrr the end of one tank. Again zero line of sight.
So what I've been seeing is when i put my male outside with one of my females. Even though there no way he can see her, he will start black bearding and she will start waving.
Once she starts waving he will start bobbing and stomping. She then does her head rolling and he goes crazy, he scrambles all over that cage trying to fet down to her. It doesn't matter which female i put out there same results. It's him and Snicker Doodle i bthe same room. There is 4 foot between their habitats and a towel so no line of sight and i see them doing the same thing there also.
How the heck are they timing these responses to each other so perfectly with no line of sight?
This isn't a one off, its been going on for weeks now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so i have been observing something i can't explain with my beardies.

Back story. I have a ferret nation cage on my patio, it's two levels that are seperated and has a solid black plastic tray in the bottom. I put two beardies out in the morning sun, one on each level. They have zero line of sight.
Two of my beardies are in the same room my computer desk is sandwiched between their habitats. I keep a thick towel ovrr the end of one tank. Again zero line of sight.
So what I've been seeing is when i put my male outside with one of my females. Even though there no way he can see her, he will start black bearding and she will start waving.
Once she starts waving he will start bobbing and stomping. She then does her head rolling and he goes crazy, he scrambles all over that cage trying to fet down to her. It doesn't matter which female i put out there same results. It's him and Snicker Doodle i bthe same room. There is 4 foot between their habitats and a towel so no line of sight and i see them doing the same thing there also.
How the heck are they timing these responses to each other so perfectly with no line of sight?
This isn't a one off, its been going on for weeks now.
Maybe smell - idk for sure tho

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Me either but it is bizarre.
Im going to try to get a video of it.

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
I believe it’s smell as well. When I first got Shyla Rango couldn’t see her but he knew she was here. Fast forward to now I think they can smell each other on my clothes.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Smell is all i can come up with also. I actually had my camera ready this morning and they both just stared at me like i was dumb lol. Go figure huh.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Smell is all i can come up with also. I actually had my camera ready this morning and they both just stared at me like i was dumb lol. Go figure huh.
I think beardies are smart all the way around. THere's a YouTube video testing a beardie's cognitive ability...it's not the best but I think based on day to day interactions with our beardies, we witness growth (on many levels, not just physical) and these amazing milestones that make us say WHOA.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I agree completely

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Well i guess my beardies are NOT telepathic after all :(
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I figured out whats going on. After trying to get a video a few times (10ish) i have realized they only do it when the door is closed ...... the sliding glass door lol. They are seeing their reflection in the danged door. Bummer i thought i was gonna be rich lol.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Well i guess my beardies are NOT telepathic after all :(
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I figured out whats going on. After trying to get a video a few times (10ish) i have realized they only do it when the door is closed ...... the sliding glass door lol. They are seeing their reflection in the danged door. Bummer i thought i was gonna be rich lol.
That's hilarious!!! I would've have guess. This made my entire day! They are still special!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
It took me several days of trying to get a darned video before i caught on to lol. And thank you I'll tell them you said that lol.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom