i think my beardie is dying please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

marisella

can someone please help me my beardie hasnt wanted to eat for a while and today half of his body is twisted he cant get straight he is just going around in circles what could this be is he dyiung please help

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
sunkist":2a093 said:
I would give him a nice warm bath for a while and see what happens.

Yeah...I honestly don't think that would work but nice try...

1. This dragon needs to go to a vet with what you are describing.

But secondly can you go over your set up for me.

What are basking temperatures and how are they measured?
What kind of uv light do you have?
What are you feeding?
What substrate are you using?

Could be mbd, did this twisting just happen today?

marisella

Original Poster
well he has a uv heating lamp he hasnt wanted to eat lately so i went to the local pet store and the told me to feed him a pinky mice and he ate it, he usually eaats crickets and meal worms he hasnt wanted to eat for about 2 weeks ive been forcing him to drink water but i think his condition has to due with the pinky cause he ate it and now look whats happening he is completely to the right of his body

marisella

Original Poster
yes the twisting has started today he has never done this before i have hasd him for 2 years he has gotten sick before and not wanted to eat but he usually gets better after 2 weeks but this is the first time he eats a pinky mice

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
Whoever else sees this how long does it take for liver disease to kick in?

Are you feeding him any vegetables?

If not I'm wondering if this is the start of liver disease for your dragon.
Do you have a uv light? If not then this also looks like mbd? Is his tail crooked or his body crooked?

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
MBD is metabolic bone disease.
What uv light are you using? When last did you change it?
They need to be changed every 6 months, yeah this does look like the start of MBD.

Are you giving any calcium to your dragon.

marisella

Original Poster
BUT WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN THIS HAS HAPPEND LIKE THIS WELL YES I CHANGES THE UV 80-100 EVERY SO OFTEN I GIVE HIM CALCUIN TABS WITH HIS VEGIES AND HE EATS CRICKETS AND MEAL WORMS BUT I FED HIM A PINKY MICE YESTURDAY CAN IT BE THAT, HE DOESNT LOOK VERY GOOD HE IS REALLY WEAK AND TWISTED.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am going to say that I am pretty sure he is impacted. How old & big is your dragon, can you post a picture so I can take a look at him please?
Also, does his back have a bulge in it as well? Can he use his back legs?
This is probably going to warrant a vet visit.
MBD is metabolic bone disease normally caused by lack of proper UVB lighting & calcium supplementation.
Liver disease is something that does not happen overnight, but is a slow process most of the time. If you feed too many fatty foods especially during their younger & growing years, the liver can take on too much fat & cause problems. They do not metabolize fats very well in excess.

Tracie

LJean

Extreme Poster
How is he doing now? How often does he poo?

I wonder if he has that mouse stuck in there somehow. Tracie (the post above me) is the best one to help here if you could answer her questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom