I think my beardie is depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

meinthegarden

Original Poster
I think my Bearded Dragon is Depressed. I have a 2-ish year old beardie, I am the second owner. He has a 40 gallon tank with a uvb and basking light. He has a heated rock in his cage(bioactive) as well because its cold in my house. His diet consists of greens, crickets, etc(pretty standard), and he's a good eater. He's seems to be in good health, but he sits on his rock a lot and is not as alert as he used to be. Also he has grey patches that turn black when he's mad, and those have been generally darker.
Should I remove the heating pad under the rock?
Should I go un-bioactive, and just use reptile carpet?
Should I change his diet, maybe take him out more?
I just don't know why he looks so sad lately. If anyone has experience, please help.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I would try to get him into a bigger tank and yeah you don’t really need a heating pad if your got your temps right. We take our dragon out as much as we can

I dont want to see a poor beardie's underbelly burned by electrical heat rocks. Beardies get their heat above not below. I dont have a bearded dragon. Im just giving friendly advise. I love bearded dragons. I got to hold one at a alligator farm in Alabama. It has other lizards besides alligators. I live in Florida. I just went to Alabama for vacation before COVID came and now you cant do anything anymore because of COVID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom