I think it's a boy, but another opinion would be nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
I'm impatient, I know, and my dragon Maesie (Maes, if it's a boy), is only 8 inches long and about 3 months. I've had it for 2 weeks and it's looked like a girl, which was expected, and my gut was telling me girl, but as it gets bigger, it's looking more boyish! Is that a divot I see above the bump?!

10675662_602448533220711_748338972759298418_n.jpg

10898203_602448499887381_3487837757687005328_n.jpg

10888797_602448489887382_6490255914964820023_n.jpg

Annd I know it proves nothing, but it has quite a big head and tail base like my other boy dragon does =D
10888694_602448633220701_4156573002600059962_n.jpg

Jettum

Still looks like a girl to me but he/she is still little too. Love the name btw.
Try looking at it w/ a flashlight.

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I did try that, but it was really hard to tell what I was seeing. I can try again though, and maybe take a picture to see if that will help too...

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Tried the flashlight--- the only thing I can tell is that the dragon is now mad at me OOPS! I should leave her alone for a bit haha

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
If anyone wants to pitch in, feel free, the more opinions the less crazy or impatient I'll be haha. I Still think I see a little divot above the bump that makes me think it's going to turn male and when I flashlight it and manage to not blind myself, I THINK I might see a line that might be a hemipene but I have no idea on such a tiny tail!

I know it looks pretty girly, but I also thought that when my dragon Scout was younger that he was a girl for like a month until I realised he was a boy haha.

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He's grown a bit since this post, but still it's hard to tell what he is, but I'm still leaning male on him! After he finishes shedding I'll post more pics, but I did redo the flashlight method awhile back and I'm pretty sure I saw a line for a hemipene (the other side was too hard to tell what I was seeing), so fingers crossed for a little boy!

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sooo I'm back with more lizard butt pics! I still can't tell with this one! One day he looks like a girl, and the next it looks like a boy. I've been calling him Hughes (Maes Hughes), but I just don't know. He's 9 inches long now and just finished a shed today, and I decided to take a video of his undertail to show it off more than the pictures do. Also I flashlighted him last night and I couldn't really tell if there was anything, but he was also shedding so it might be easier today now he's finished.
But here's the vid. Hopefully it works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdqvQQMDMT4

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What a good little dragon, so patiently putting up with such indignities. :) From the video I think it's a girl. It may change in appearance as time goes by....that happens sometimes but I'm 99% sure it's a female.

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
*whines because I want a boy* Okay xD Thanks for posting and taking a look at the video!
Male dragons must be a rarity around here because 90% of the bearded dragons I've met around here are females. I'm still going to hope hughes is a boy

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I know, I was joking how I could just pretend it's a boy xD

Them: Is it a boy or a girl lizard?
Me: It's name is Maes Hughes, that's all that matters :wink:

Honestly I just like the male temperments better based off of my experience with female dragons haha. I baby sat a friend's female dragon for a week and I was so confused on what she wanted. all she did was glass dance(they said with was nromal for her) and she didn't want food, and she had had a bath, and she had never had eggs before so she wasn't gravid, she didn't want to sit with me...

At least with Scout, I can tell what he wants! But I've also had him for almost five years since he was a baby, so that's probably why. With Maes I will probably be able to tell what he wants when he grows. But he does act like a boy! Bearded at himself in the mirror and other dragons! Then he goes into his cage and arm waves at his refelction.... Not at Scout or Riza, but just at his own reflection in the cage....

I will agree with you on liking a male beardies temper more then the females. She can be quite edgy sometimes as opposed to my male who is always just chillen lol

I will agree with you on liking a male beardies temper more then the females. She can be quite edgy sometimes as opposed to my male who is always just chillen lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom