I saw Rocky at the local reptile store...

I walked in and boom....my Rocky, Rockyis 18 in he's and what some say are fat but he's not.
I saw Rocky sitting in a small cage, one basking light and he could barely turn. It was Rocky's twin. I began my 1700 questions. Next to Rocky was Rockette (a small version of Rocky) very active and about 5 inches.

I was told Rocky was 6 and Rockette was 6. How? Unless I'm over feeding Roc,y...what in the world?and how is the baby 6. I was disturbed. Then I saw iceberg lettuce scattered on the floor. I was so disturbed.

I wanted to buy them both but I didn't. I tried to tell them about this website for support but " they knew everything. "

Random question: if they aren't in she'd but are bigger and older do they all get the old man buldgy eye look?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I walked in and boom....my Rocky, Rockyis 18 in he's and what some say are fat but he's not.
I saw Rocky sitting in a small cage, one basking light and he could barely turn. It was Rocky's twin. I began my 1700 questions. Next to Rocky was Rockette (a small version of Rocky) very active and about 5 inches.

I was told Rocky was 6 and Rockette was 6. How? Unless I'm over feeding Roc,y...what in the world?and how is the baby 6. I was disturbed. Then I saw iceberg lettuce scattered on the floor. I was so disturbed.

I wanted to buy them both but I didn't. I tried to tell them about this website for support but " they knew everything. "

Random question: if they aren't in she'd but are bigger and older do they all get the old man buldgy eye look?
No. That poor dragon is probably not in good health 😔

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Things like that (also) always sadden me. I can't take in so many/ all the ones that need help. Sometimes I wasn't able to have pets at all. Sometimes I came across such things just when it was absolutely, absolutely impossible to take the pet (e.g.: when traveling internationally, or just the week before a move when it was clear that for the next month or two I'll be staying in a motel). Just saddened me.
I can not, absolutely not, understand why somebody keeps their pets, or pets they sell, under such conditions.
Why a pet store cannot keep them at least in something that is large enough and functional, with proper diet and (for animals for which that's the case) proper light and heat. Can understand why they can't get a super nice, super large enclosure for each of their reptiles in a store, but at least, keeping them healthy.
Even from a "practical", "cold" point of view: With keeping them healthy, there would be less complaints by people that the pet they bought died soon. The pets would look nicer, people would buy them more often. Less money lost by pets dying before even being sold. Just like keeping other "goods" you want to sell in a nice condition.
That only from that point of view, to make clear: Why not even that? That for me personally it's something else - that I want to have all those living beings a good live, prevent suffering - should be clear.
Some do - their faces can look "grumpier", somewhat "froggy". Overly "froggy" bulge eyes can, however, also be a sign of MBD.

Last edited:

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Things like that (also) always sadden me. I can't take in so many/ all the ones that need help. Sometimes I wasn't able to have pets at all. Sometimes I came across such things just when it was absolutely, absolutely impossible to take the pet (e.g.: when traveling internationally, or just the week before a move when it was clear that for the next month or two I'll be staying in a motel). Just saddened me.
I can not, absolutely not, understand why somebody keeps their pets, or pets they sell, under such conditions.
Why a pet store cannot keep them at least in something that is large enough and functional, with proper diet and (for animals for which that's the case) proper light and heat. Can understand why they can't get a super nice, super large enclosure for each of their reptiles in a store, but at least, keeping them healthy.
Even from a "practical", "cold" point of view: With keeping them healthy, there would be less complaints by people that the pet they bought died soon. The pets would look nicer, people would buy them more often. Less money lost by pets dying before even being sold. Just like keeping other "goods" you want to sell in a nice condition.
That only from that point of view, to make clear: Why not even that? That for me personally it's something else - that I want to have all those living beings a good live, prevent suffering - should be clear.

Some do - their faces can look "grumpier", somewhat "froggy". Overly "froggy" bulge eyes can, however, also be a sign of MBD.
Wow, thanks I had no clue.... you know exactly the look that I'm talking about.

And yes to all that you said about the conditions. It was crazy!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
If you fo back you'll be tempted to save it. (Not that that's a bad thing) That is kindda how you ended up with Ruby after all 🙂
You don't forget a thing!
I must admit, I thought the same thing that's exactly why I didn't go.
Ruby tugged at my heart. I visited and stalked my baby boy and look what happened !
I guess that I'm slowly learning.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleGoth
Top Bottom