I Need Urgent Help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have leftover ceftazidime shots in my freezer, and my friend is persisting I give a small dosage to the baby (it weighs 16 grams, mind you). I heavily believe it's a bad idea, but they're angry with me for not doing so. They think that since the baby is passing anyway, the injection won't do any harm. What should I do?
Do not give the injection

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I agree with Karrieree, the poor little thing is already suffering, why put it through more.
Im sad you've had to go through this, but be at ease knowing you tried and gave it a chance it would not have had otherwise.

SavannaJC

Original Poster
I agree with Karrieree, the poor little thing is already suffering, why put it through more.
Im sad you've had to go through this, but be at ease knowing you tried and gave it a chance it would not have had otherwise.
Thank you so, so much.. I just force-fed it some critical care, so I'm going to proceed to do such every hour or so. I suppose the only thing I can do is try to build up its strength.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you so, so much.. I just force-fed it some critical care, so I'm going to proceed to do such every hour or so. I suppose the only thing I can do is try to build up its strength.
Here is some info on a dying dragon
SIGNS THAT A BEARDED DRAGON IS DYING

• Their skin looks grey or dull looking – but they are not shedding.
  • They become lethargic, uninterested and unresponsive – but they are not in brumation.
  • They will stop eating.
  • The eyes appear sunken or droopy.
  • They may spend more time in the cool end.
  • If they are attempting to move they will may drag themselves along – This can be distressing to witness.
  • They appear to have “given up”.
  • Their breathing will become very shallow.

SavannaJC

Original Poster
Here is some info on a dying dragon
SIGNS THAT A BEARDED DRAGON IS DYING

• Their skin looks grey or dull looking – but they are not shedding.
  • They become lethargic, uninterested and unresponsive – but they are not in brumation.
  • They will stop eating.
  • The eyes appear sunken or droopy.
  • They may spend more time in the cool end.
  • If they are attempting to move they will may drag themselves along – This can be distressing to witness.
  • They appear to have “given up”.
  • Their breathing will become very shallow.
It's dying, unfortunately. I feel like crying, but there's nothing I can do. This might sound inhumane, but should I feed it to one of my lizards so it doesn't suffer? It's breathing has become very shallow and I can see its ribs.

Lyrebird.Rainwing

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Swordtail
They may be starving, blend some worms, crickets, some greens, and maybe even their favorite fruit in a blender with alot of water, strain it, and then feed it to them small doses at a time with a syringe. My bearded dragon was at the brink of death but then I gave them some of this mixture and they started to get better because of the nutrients they gained from it. Once they seem strong enough you can try and feed them leafy greens but unblended crickets and worms are probably gonna have to wait

SavannaJC

Original Poster
They may be starving, blend some worms, crickets, some greens, and maybe even their favorite fruit in a blender with alot of water, strain it, and then feed it to them small doses at a time with a syringe. My bearded dragon was at the brink of death but then I gave them some of this mixture and they started to get better because of the nutrients they gained from it. Once they seem strong enough you can try and feed them leafy greens but unblended crickets and worms are probably gonna have to wait
Thank you very much! I'll try this immediately

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
Thank you very much! I'll try this immediately
A big hug for y
It's dying, unfortunately. I feel like crying, but there's nothing I can do. This might sound inhumane, but should I feed it to one of my lizards so it doesn't suffer? It's breathing has become very shallow and I can see its ribs.
Snuggle him, and honor his time by loving him in the last moments.

SavannaJC

Original Poster
Oh also, once your beardie gets strong enough to the point where you think they will be okay overnight let them get some rest so they can have some energy for tomorrow
It can't drink the mixture (crickets, worms, and some cal). Its health has deteriorated dramatically over the past few hours. I feel it might have ADV, as its symptoms point to no other disease.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

All you can do is try your best. When they are that weak, it is very difficult to get food &
fluids into them. You can definitely keep trying, most of us agree that many times they can
surprise you.
Be sure he is warm overnight, to help his system. We are all pulling for him.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom