i need opinions quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
So I have had Charlie for about 7 months. I love him lots and give him tons of attention. However, today my mom sent me a text say :are you interested in another beardie?" I guess he cousin's friend is giving away this dragon with the whole setup for free to a good home. I would love to take him, but I feel like it would be unfair to charlie :/ What are the pros and cons of having 2 dragons? I'm not too busy right now, but come july i will be in school/in the hospital anywhere from 8-10 hours a day. I also snuggle Charlie to sleep every night, how could I do that with 2 dragons? I just don't want to neglect him, any advice/tips/etc are welcome! Thanks :)

techdave

Juvie Member
It might help to write a schedule for both of them. When they'll eat, run around baths etc... Also keep in mind the food cost for two. If it all looks good, then go for it :)

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Just think about it like having twins. And as for the snuggling if you wrap them in a blanket you might be able to snuggle both at the same time. :D Sometimes I will snuggle Toki and Scorch at the same time. I will put Scorch in her blankey and Toki will sleep in the sleeve of my robe. They don't seem to mind sharing the mom heating pad for now.

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
I won't lie, it is a job having more than one around. I love my babies though. I just won't be getting any more any time soon. lol

studmule

ChellyBeans":1t0w4kse said:
I won't lie, it is a job having more than one around. I love my babies though. I just won't be getting any more any time soon. lol
I couldn't agree more. Business really picked up at home when Leeloo moved in. Reggie went from a lazy beardie to a head bobbing, black bearding fool! More work, but definitely worth it. Two is definitely my limit...... for now :lol:

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
HA! I was JUST in this same predicament!!

Essentially, I was offered a free dragon. Currently, I have only Elliott and he basically get's free run of the house when one of us(wifey and I) are home and he is very loved/spoiled with our time and affection. I wondered how Elliott would feel if all of the sudden, he had to share our time with another dragon which would mean less time running around the house, looking out of the living room window at the passing cars and people, and less chasing the cat time. In other words, I assumed that a breaded dragon actually has human emotions, aka - only child syndrome :lol:

Ultimately, I concluded that he would be very sad and it just wasn't fair. I am 98% positive that I am the one who feels that way and I just didn't have the heart to take another one in. :roll: :lol:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
We have 2 beardies. They are both out at the same time, tho we'd never house them together as something would happen to one if we did. But they are fine together on our shoulders, or chest or even in the open window. Two or three times Rosie attacked Goldie and Goldie tries to sit on Rosie most of the time but that's all they ever do. When they are out of their viv's one of the two of us are home, unless it's after 4pm or so, then they are sleeping in the bed with no problems, sometimes next to each other, sometimes one is in one part of the bed one is in another part.

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
I would NEVER suggest allowing strange beardies to be around each other. Heck, I would provide the same advice for beardies that knew each other. It is far too dangerous.

I love my babies, I really do and I had NO idea that my work load would change that much. I remember that I once was able to get an afternoon nap. Somehow I don't have that anymore AND I get to bed late.

It's all in what you can handle, hon.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wow , so many responses! Thanks everyone. As far as food, i breed dubias so i'm not worried about that. My biggest issue was just splitting the time. I would love to have another beardie but I would almost feel bad in a way because come July, I'll be in school and running to different hospitals a lot until March 2011. So he will have less time with me than he already does. I spoil him lots, window time, snuggling, etc. I just don't know. I don't wanna say i can handle it because I don't know if I can seeing as i've never had more than one at a time. I think that I might just pass for now, at least until I get out of school next year. I feel bad, the beardie isn't socialized with because they don't have the time for it, and the lady also told me she has some artificial grass on the bottom that she waters or something every day? I don't even know what that is all about but it might not necessarily be better off with me if I can't give it all the attention it deserves for the next year. If anyone on here lives near the hampton roads area and is interested in this beardie, then pm me and i could set you up with the owner. It comes with the tank, beardie, lights, etc everything for free. I really appreciate everyone's opinions and I think you guys made me realize it's just not the best idea. Thanks again :)

P.S. Nick : you said breaded dragons hahaha, please don't eat elliot!

joprukop22

I have four permanent beardies and my mom has two. Having multiple beardies can be fun because you can see just how different all of their personalities are and how different their behavior is. Its great to see that you devote so much time and attention to your beardie, and its very responsible of you to consider the challenges of having more than one before diving right in. So therefore, I think you would be great at owning two beardies! Good luck!

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
LMAO!

My husband always has a typo and calls them a breaded dragon. Kind of ironic since he's in Korea... where they eat pets...

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hahaha oh god. I was playing would you rather the other day, and someone asked me if i would rather get run over by a car or kill and eat charlie. I was like are you SERIOUS?! I would take a car any day. But they didn't understand why, after all, it's just a "stupid lizard". *sigh* but i did lol at the image of a breaded dragon :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom