I need help with advice with my older sisters baby dragon !!

TurkeyKirkey

Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hey everyone ! My older sister ended up buying two baby dragons a few weeks ago and she noticed a hard lump on one of her baby’s upper tail by his bum I’m not positive if it’s impaction or a infection I’ve never seen this before with my own beardi advice needed does she need to rush this baby beardi to the vet

Attachments

• 9DCA9F55-F4D6-40BF-8983-43AC1FEA6C1E.jpeg
    9DCA9F55-F4D6-40BF-8983-43AC1FEA6C1E.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 203FF7C7-B2F5-4A72-9D5E-CEB6FF462213.jpeg
    203FF7C7-B2F5-4A72-9D5E-CEB6FF462213.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 83

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey everyone ! My older sister ended up buying two baby dragons a few weeks ago and she noticed a hard lump on one of her baby’s upper tail by his bum I’m not positive if it’s impaction or a infection I’ve never seen this before with my own beardi advice needed does she need to rush this baby beardi to the vet
The dragon looks impacted - I can help w/ this but first the dragons need their own tanks- dragons should never be kept together and the people that sold them should of told you- dragons are territorial and as they get older two males will kill each other- please separate them-- next how big are the insects being fed? They should not be bigger than the space between the eyes- surface basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- 105-110--- uvb No coils please-- you need a long tube fixture since there are 2 dragons your going to need 2 tank setups- please get some baby food pumpkin add a drop of olive oil and see if he will lick off a spoon if not you will need to syringe feed make it a runny consistency hydration is important - feed till he poops- but your lighting and surface basking temps are crucial- for him to get this passed - I can help w/ links to good uvb

TurkeyKirkey

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
The dragon looks impacted - I can help w/ this but first the dragons need their own tanks- dragons should never be kept together and the people that sold them should of told you- dragons are territorial and as they get older two males will kill each other- please separate them-- next how big are the insects being fed? They should not be bigger than the space between the eyes- surface basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- 105-110--- uvb No coils please-- you need a long tube fixture since there are 2 dragons your going to need 2 tank setups- please get some baby food pumpkin add a drop of olive oil and see if he will lick off a spoon if not you will need to syringe feed make it a runny consistency hydration is important - feed till he poops- but your lighting and surface basking temps are crucial- for him to get this passed - I can help w/ links to good uvb
Thank you so much honestly!! I was really worried because the baby’s so tiny and she’s been feeding xs crickets and mealworms and small amounts of dandelions greens and leafy greens I’m going to send her this whole msg right away can you inbox me the links to send her aswell

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you so much honestly!! I was really worried because the baby’s so tiny and she’s been feeding xs crickets and mealworms and small amounts of dandelions greens and leafy greens I’m going to send her this whole msg right away can you inbox me the links to send her aswell
NO more meal worms---- this is the issue--- they have a exoskeleton on them that will cause impaction --- the rest sounds good---- but we must get the lighting and the surface temps for basking correct ---
Do not feed anything else but the pumpkin till he poops then hes going to need soft foods for awhile --- I would feed about 1ml at a time several times per day adding water to it so hes getting hydration

TurkeyKirkey

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
NO more meal worms---- this is the issue--- they have a exoskeleton on them that will cause impaction --- the rest sounds good---- but we must get the lighting and the surface temps for basking correct ---
Do not feed anything else but the pumpkin till he poops then hes going to need soft foods for awhile --- I would feed about 1ml at a time several times per day adding water to it so hes getting hydration
Okay ! I’ll make sure she takes that completely out of both of their diets I will keep you updated Im going to help her with the impacted beardi

TurkeyKirkey

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hey everyone I have a update I was able clear the babys impaction ! This is what was stuck any ideas it was a hard mass that was hollow

Attachments

• E118DC07-1D3A-4DA7-85DB-4EDAF78B5FFB.jpeg
    E118DC07-1D3A-4DA7-85DB-4EDAF78B5FFB.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 68F65BEF-011F-4F22-B31A-FFE0AAA2B44D.jpeg
    68F65BEF-011F-4F22-B31A-FFE0AAA2B44D.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 64

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hey everyone I have a update I was able clear the babys impaction ! This is what was stuck any ideas it was a hard mass that was hollow
I have no idea but please feed only greens and insects according to size the space no bigger between his eyes--- No meal worms please ---- and for now hold off on super worms as well if feeding those -- what was being fed prior to being impacted?
Nutrition Content ignore the kale info its out dated

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Very odd looking! It could just be build up of the undigested worms or skin of them, not sure.
So how is the baby doing now, basking normally?
As Karrie suggested, I would just stick with small crickets right now, but no meal worms or super
worms since they are harder to digest. Are you giving extra oral fluids, too?

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom