I need Diet advice for my Beardie!

C8lin

Beardie name(s)
Mango - 2 years
So the first time the vet said my bearded dragon was overweight aka fat (during a check-up) we gave her less worms and more veggies (not by much) then we went again for a tail situation they said she gained weight. This month she hasn't been eating her veggies very much but the last few days she has but she is still fat. Any ideas on how to get her more fit? Do i need dieting or exercise either way i need ideas!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So the first time the vet said my bearded dragon was overweight aka fat (during a check-up) we gave her less worms and more veggies (not by much) then we went again for a tail situation they said she gained weight. This month she hasn't been eating her veggies very much but the last few days she has but she is still fat. Any ideas on how to get her more fit? Do i need dieting or exercise either way i need ideas!
Cut back on the worms- 1-2 times / week only feed 1-2- what staple insect are you feeding? More veggies- exercise let her run your LR or room she would be safe in - watch for furniture she can get under-

C8lin

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango - 2 years
We let her into this encloser we made and she has been running around in it alot we are feeding her 2 times a week and we are keeping her mealworms/superworms and for veggies its mustard greens,collard greens, and bell pepers.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We let her into this encloser we made and she has been running around in it alot we are feeding her 2 times a week and we are keeping her mealworms/superworms and for veggies its mustard greens,collard greens, and bell pepers.
Your dragon needs fed every day -- fresh salads and insects 2-3 times per week depending on the age - dragons up to a year old insects everyday --
here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing
Nutrition Content
If your using a coil UVB they are inadequate and your dragon is not getting the UVB he needs

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom