i need chicken help

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
Update on blink
So blink may have a respiratory infection. I've started him on antibiotics so if he does hopefully it'll clear up+ keep his eyes fron getting infected. Still not sure on if he has vision or not but he walks to me now so I assume he can see at least a little because I'm not always speaking when he does it. He's been having this mucus problem with his crop but I'm hoping that getting more solids and not just water will help him out. He's definitely not out of the woods yet but he is getting stronger. There have been a few times where ive gotten scared he was gonna pass and just hold him in a chair with me but hes still here. I called a vet but they weren't able to help me over the phone. The backyard chicken forum has been extremely helpful. I will keep you guys updated on the little guys journey!

Attachments

• b5fb5a4a-177e-4eb9-a9bc-de75bcabdede.jpg
    b5fb5a4a-177e-4eb9-a9bc-de75bcabdede.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 63

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
Blink has passed away. I knew he wasn't gonna make it past today as he was really sick this morning. I was holding him up to my chest to keep him feel safe and comforted when he passed. Thank you so much for the help I really appreciate it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Blink has passed away. I knew he wasn't gonna make it past today as he was really sick this morning. I was holding him up to my chest to keep him feel safe and comforted when he passed. Thank you so much for the help I really appreciate it.
I am so sorry to hear he passed--- you did the best you could do -- at least he knew he was loved 💔

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I had been following a bit & you did such a wonderful thing for Blink, bless him. I'm so sorry that
he wasn't strong enough, he knew that you loved him & he wasn't alone.
So sorry for your loss.:cry: Baby chicks are very sweet, I have kept them previously & it is unfortunate
when these things happen.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom