I need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daleen

Hii i am new here and would like to know if i could use a normal household bulb as a basking spot along side the repti glo 10.0 25w ??

As long as it gives off adequate heat, you should be fine with a household bulb as a basking light. Nothing coloured though, bright white is preferable (ideally between 4000-5000 on the Kelvin scale). The brighter white light helps better protect lizardy eyes from the UVB radiation :)

EDIT: Also, I'd suggest avoiding Repti Glo UVB bulbs - even the tube ones. I know from experience that they can cause various health issues in bearded dragons, like conjunctivitis and decreased appetite. Reptisun (10.0) or Arcadia (12%) are much better choices for UVB!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What she means by linear is it a long tube or a coil/compact ? The long tubes are pretty good, I've used them in the past and Tamara from Rainbow b.d's, who is a top U.S. long time breeder uses them exclusively. They do need to be within about 8" for best results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom