I need advice i dont know whats wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiLiMae

I have a 4 yr old beardie! He has always been fit, super active, just a lively boy. We live in an upstairs apt so we made the patio his home and blocked off open fencing all arounf and he can go in and out his enclosure and usually just chills in the rays during the day and sleeps in his old bath or on his fav pillow. About two weeks ago he climbed back into his enclosure and laid in the same spot for a few days didnt move at all and wouldnt want to eat. I even tried my sprinkles tactic where i'll have some insects on it to perk him up but nothing. Then wasnt pooping and i noticed his limbs were swollen. I suspected I probably gave him too much insects since before him falling i'll he was being picky and only eating the sprinkles then ate his greens then just nothing. so I moved him into my room. My dad and I give him water and he would rest mostly just lethargic. I came here and found out about black cherry concentrate and after about a lil over a week we gave him 5 1ml doses of it, i gave him a long bath and massaged his tummy he pooped, and he was back to being normal! Swelling gone, he wanted to be back outside, he ate and pooped on his own and was acting normal these past 5 days. I checked on him and he got dehydrated again so suddenly, smacking his lips type of behavior and his saliva has been emitting a bit. He keeps sorta puffing his beard. His poop is pretty runny as well. He gets bursts of energy then is like a zombie my poor baby. Now im really at a loss. My dad and I gave him water again and I noticed his mouth is a little discolored and he has spots, on his tongue too. Sorry this is pretty long im just sad and bothered that i dont know what to do. I really appreciate any feedback and advice.

LiLiMae

Original Poster
KarrieRee said:
Thank you so much! I started researching more and found a blog that talked about what I'm seeing him doing! They had a link to a video of a bearded dragon and it's exactly the behavior I see in my boy and that dragon had a respiratory infection! So I suspect it's maybe that. I get paid Thursday and I'm going to call the exotic vet clinic and make an appointment!
Again thank you so much for reaching out to me and the vet tech mod! I appreciate you guys! <3

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Is he having trouble breathing or making wheezing or coughing noises right now?
Can you post some more up close pictures of his arms, etc so we can see how swollen
they are?
I hope it isn't gout or symptoms of gout, but continue to give the black cherry extract for
him in case his kidneys are having some trouble.
Which UVB light do you use for him, is it a tube bulb or a compact/coil light?

Tracie

LiLiMae

Original Poster
Drache613 said:
Thank you guys for reaching out so fast. I got him into the vet yesterday... unfortunately I was right about the gout. And the discoloration in his mouth worried me of kidney issues and that was an issue he was having also. It's been three weeks since he suddenly got so sick. After talking with the vet I felt he wouldn't respond to medicine, and if he did he's already so sick I felt he'd live in a dialysis like state and the vet felt that way too. I didn't want to put him through that so I could have more time with him. I decided to put him to sleep, oh man I'm so connected to my lil guy I miss him like crazy. Again thank you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom