I love Lowe's!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krystalsboy

Hatchling Member
So went to Lowe's and got slate tile ($4) for the bottom of my baby beardie cage (30 gal). Had my measurements with me and they cut them for me...Just 50 cents a cut!! Then found some outdoor cement decorative rocks ($7) to build him a "cave" (cooked them first to kill parasites). And bought a light fixture ($9.99) and mounted it on the top of my tank in the inside...it's ready to go for my reptisun 10.0 bulb. Lowe's rocks!! You don't have to rent a tile cutter!

frank001.jpg

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Nice tank. I have been doing it the hardway..lol. I cut them myself and my kids learned alllllll kinds of new phrases.

Lennifer

Juvie Member
This may sound like a stupid question (lol) but if that is a glass tank, how did you mount that fixture inside the cage?? Just curious because we are getting ready to purchase another enclosure for our 2nd Beardie & If I could do this option for the lighting, it would save me tons! For my first Beardie's enclosure, we spent $90 on the UVB strip light fixture for the top of the tank. Thanks!

~Sandy

krystalsboy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I used 3M double sided tape. It is about 1/8 inch thick. I put it ALL OVER the flat parts of the back of the light and it is holding VERY firm! The light is only 18" The tape says it will hold up to two pounds. I'm not sure how it would hold with a longer fixture, but my guess is it will do fine as long as you use as much as you can on the back. I will send a picture of the back of it when i get home.

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
I have a couple tanks with the fixtures mounted inside. For one I took a strip of 1/8 thick X 1" steel strap cut to about 12" lond mounted to a regular 3' flourescent light fixture bent to hang from the top another one I have two hooks like coat hooks mounted to the fixture to hand down about 6" from the top of the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom