I lost Scotty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all readers;

Hopefully as you read this, you`ll know how distressed I am.
~

One hot summer day, I decided to clean my beardie, Scotty,`s tank out. I put him in the bathtub until further notice. So I hose out his tank, use reptile-friendly windex, etc.
So finally my mother put him in the tank to let him get some sun while it dried. My little brother and I played, dah dee dah, when we got tired and went up to the deck where his cage was. "Should I take him out?" I inquired to my sibling.
"I don`t think you should..." he replied.
"Oh, I'll just do it." So I took the lid off, and held him. Scotty FREAKED. I don't know why, I had him a lot before. So he's clawing at me, biting, so finally I put him on his cage lid, where he makes to sprint off. "Stay there." I said to him. He didn't. I must've run because next thing I know I'm at the stairs to my deck, sobbing. My brother says "Well, I guess Scotty's gone." (He's very frank, he's not 'special' just...different.) My response was tears.

I go into the utility room where my mom is doing laundry, and say in a monotone "Well, you can sell the cage and all. Scotty is gone."
"Oh c**p!" she exclaimed. "We better go get him." My family worked for the rest of the day, but to no prevail. We tore up our deck with drilld and screws, set traps, but Scotty was gone.

Dear Scotty, whereever you are, I hope you are all right. It was a great three months we had together. I don't know if you've hitched on a boat back to your family in Austrailia, or are up in beardie heaven, but I hope you are happy. I am surely not.

R.I.P. Scotty

I cried while writing this painful anecdote. Call me a wuss, but the tears came freely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bw341606
Top Bottom