I knew it! (Food Related)

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I fed Rocky sweet potatoes and then I came here afterwards....I was supposed to shred it. UGH. I don't have any concerns with shredding, however, I gave sweet potatoes to Rocky in tiny cubes which I am sure will take longer to digest. He tore it up!!!!!! Rocky is a MAN, I am toughening him up---okay, the truth is that I simply messed up. I knew I should've double checked. If Rocky is acting fine and poops fine, is shredding a requirement? Rocky is knocking on the door of 8 months.
Of course, I am handfeeding Rocky so there were no concerns while eating as I would've seen it.
Rocky wants more but before doing so, please advise.

Last edited:

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
I would think that a tiny cube is totally fine and normal - when I give my girl butternut squash it’s been in little slices of it.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
as long as the cubes aren't to big it should be fine. Did he chew them up?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
as long as the cubes aren't to big it should be fine. Did he chew them up?
Yes, every bit and he pooped. He actually passed gas too// I said OOOO you finally made a noise!!!! We were at my friend's house so when the wiggle came, I had to hold paper towel under his butt so it didn't get on her carpet. It was healthy-
No strain- not too watery. It's small cubes and he chewed it a lot before swallowing. I love how gentle he is when removing it from my hand (unlike the last time). I was thinking YOU CAN SEE ORANGE, make a note (there's a post about colors that beardies can see) lol

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I would think that a tiny cube is totally fine and normal - when I give my girl butternut squash it’s been in little slices of it.
That's awesome, thanks for letting me know. Can you repost the picture? I missed it.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom