I just got a beardie. what should I feed her?

KarmaMoon

Beardie name(s)
Nova
yes as a above poster said 20 gal won’t do. They grow fat and long.
By the time they are an adult you will need a 4’Lx2’hx2’D enclosure.
And not a Terrarium (those are for fish)
You need one that opens not on the top but the main front.
Your basking light, uvb light and crematic bulb need to sit on top. You do t want to have to move those a few times a day to feed her and clean.
See my attached photo.
Light positions and the items I use.
Have your uvb and basking light on a timer. 12 on 12 off. Some people do 13 on 11 off.
The other light I have a Ceramic bulb in. So it puts out heat but no light to not disturb the dragon at night. The thing is is attached to measures the enclosures temp. When it gets below 70-72 ish it turns on. So it mainly works in The winter.

I know all this is information overload.
When I first got mine. I bought what I though was cool ect. And with in a week after reading and research. I returned 80% of it and bought other things that were needed.

Attachments

• 6F4CFE1F-A9D6-4198-A857-B0389CCC34B7.jpeg
    6F4CFE1F-A9D6-4198-A857-B0389CCC34B7.jpeg
    670.4 KB · Views: 80

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
If you can get her to eat greens that’s great. I have a baby she is maybe 2mos old and I’m just getting her to eat greens but she will only eat them with bee pollen on it. I was told that lettuce isn’t good so I have never fed either of mines any. But all of the veggies I use that are top staples are

Daily Greens Daily Bugs
Sweet potato Dubia
Collards. Nutrigrub
Kale. Crickets
Bak choy
Parsley
Swiss chard
Squash
Green Peppers
Turnip/Mustard greens
Dandelions
Clovers

1-2 weekly Fruits & Bugs
Strawberry
Blueberry
Blackberry

Personally I change up the greens weekly so they don’t get tired of eating the same things.
Thank you so much for this list- I appreciate it so much!!!

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom