I have a bug problem...Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
I want to know if fly traps (ribbons) are safe to use? I am having a problem with roaches...not the good ones. I'm worried about roach traps...I ordered non-toxic ones, but I still don't know if they are really "safe". So I did more research and found you can use fly traps, obviously you don't hang them and they aren't as affective, I just don't know what to do. I've tried to get rid of everything that is attracting them, but we live in an apartment complex and I'm not so sure it's "our" problem. So what should I use? I don't want to use any sprays or stuff like that. I'm worried they're going to get in with the crickets and cause major problems for our babies...not to mention if one happens to crawl in their tanks :cry: .
Thanks!

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Roach traps are usually just glue traps with an attractant in them. If you put them in your cabnets and behind the fridge you shouldn't have any worries. You are right abour it not being your prob. Even if you were in a house you could have your neighbors bugs comming over to visit. I grew up in South Louisiana and often had "un-invited guests" from next door. UGH! Good luck with the traps.

Sandy H

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
protiemama":ca03a said:
Roach traps are usually just glue traps with an attractant in them. If you put them in your cabnets and behind the fridge you shouldn't have any worries. You are right abour it not being your prob. Even if you were in a house you could have your neighbors bugs comming over to visit. I grew up in South Louisiana and often had "un-invited guests" from next door. UGH! Good luck with the traps.

Sandy H

She's right about it not being your problem. About 22+ years ago we moved out of a house that had that problem. We would spray for the roaches, etc, they would go next door, then they would spray and they'd come back. We left a small christmas tree on all night, all year so we wouldn't walk on them in the middle of the night, as you would go into the kitchen and turn on the light and hundreds of them would scatter. This is why my husband refuses (and I don't want to pick them up) to use roaches for our girls.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you both. I hate them, they are nasty things. Oh, I'm allergic to them too. The "safe" or at least "safer" traps aren't here yet. I'm assuming that I can go ahead and just try the fly ribbons for right now? I know it's not going to help that much, but I'll feel a little better about things.
From where I've seen them, it looks like it's entirely possible they are coming in from another apartment (stupid managers/owners decided to put new cabinets in, before we moved in, and after one of our cats contined to climb on top of them we realized that the old ones had been taller and they hadn't sealed the holes...leaving huge spaces in the walls for the things to live in...how nice! :angry5: ). They love to do things the cheap way and it's not an inexpensive apartment either! So, I'm putting the traps under the sink and on top of the cabinets...the people next to us are "pigs" so I'm guessing they're having problems too. I can't tell the manager...they'll come in and spray with harsh, toxic stuff.
Are there any other "safe" ways to get rid of them? We have Kaira & Taz in their own room...literally. I just don't want to spray and have one go in there. Plus, the cats. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: . Should I put a fly trap close to the entrance of their room to try to keep them out of there?
Thanks again,
Abi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom