I found a bearded dragon.

Fourwheels

Beardie name(s)
Dutch & Dutchess
My aunt passed away, and she had a bearded dragon. Well, mine now. Anyways, his name is Rango, (short for, My Durango, #95) when I inherited Rango he was in pretty bad shape. Keep in mind now, I've never even heard of a bearded dragon before now. Some of his tale is missing, I found out that he had gotten his tale closed up in a door and then turned to what I was told was "tale rot" and he has a lump on his rib area. I don't believe he was taken care of like he was supposed to be, obviously, he acts very scared of everything as well as everyone. I do believe he has gotten comfortable with me. But I don't know what I am doing here and I can't afford to take him to a vet to get his tale and rib seen about and I don't know if he is pain or comfortable and happy. But I just can't give him away and live with not knowing if he is being mistreated or neglected. I don't know if any of this makes since at all. I just need help. I don't know what I'm doing
Hope all is well im curious if you situation has been handled

Letty

Beardie name(s)
Letty
im new to the BD life too- & money shoot- im dead broke- so i get it-i give her fresh greens & fruits daily u can find a list of good & bad foods online then she gets 50 roaches about every 2-3 days and a bunch of crickets (cuz they die like the next day) she gets those a couple times a week but roaches everyday- my Letty is a juvenile so she needs more protein, i shake thm all up in caliucm powder like a sugar donut is how they should be coated. i got a 40 gallon tank online used for 100$ & it came with a double dome light & i hve both her lights in it. but my temps still aren’t rite & it stresses her out-i just found out she needs a hid- i just picked her up 1. it’s a little expensive to set up- but thn its really only food- it would do him greatly if u just took the plunge & set him up properly & handle him everyday-u will see a big change in him once u get him in the proper enclosure.. like i said im new to (about 8 weeks now) but learning as i go-im a work n progress. lol.. i hope this helps.🫶🏻

daniellehutto

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango
Hope all is well im curious if you situation has been handled
Well I decided to keep Rango. I kinda got attached to the handsome dragon. Hes still scared of everything but I think he's getting used to me (I hope). There is one thing, have you ever heard of ones bottom eyelids turning blue?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well I decided to keep Rango. I kinda got attached to the handsome dragon. Hes still scared of everything but I think he's getting used to me (I hope). There is one thing, have you ever heard of ones bottom eyelids turning blue
Please post a pic

daniellehutto

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango
IMG_20220830_121718418.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220830_121718418.jpg
    IMG_20220830_121718418.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 82

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'll double check when i get home, but i think both of my light colored beardies look like that.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Here is my male zoomed in, j hope the quality is ok, i zoomed it alot

Attachments

• 20220830_092924.jpg
    20220830_092924.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 86

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I think maybe it's like the bellies of the translucent beardies. I think the eyelid is thin so on light colored dragons you get that effect.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Well I decided to keep Rango. I kinda got attached to the handsome dragon. Hes still scared of everything but I think he's getting used to me (I hope). There is one thing, have you ever heard of ones bottom eyelids turning blue?
I’m not sure if you have already seen this, but this website is has a really good food chart for beardies. Ignore the section about kale, kale is actually a really good staple veggie! And yes, the eyelid looks normal.

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I posted another pic on the other thread of my hypo, I'll go ahead and post it in this one also. But yes the blue eyelid is normal. :)

Attachments

• 20220830_180701.jpg
    20220830_180701.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 91

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom