I fed my new Beardies Mealworms. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I recently purchased my first 2 bearded dragons a week ago, they are aroung 4-5 inches in length, just babies. I went to the pet shop and they had no small crickets left, the lady told me to use meal worms, which i did. I now realise this was a mistake from reading the forums.

I fed them 2 each which they gulped down, I am now very worried. I obviously won't be feeding them anymore, but are my Beardies in immediate danger? Is there anything I can do? I have only had them a week but I love the little guys already, so full of character.

I would just like to say what a great site, I have just joined and I'm sure with the help of this site my fiance and me can be good beardie parents :)

Please help guys!

From a worried Scotsman

Ranchero

Hatchling Member
How big were they? He might not eat this evening or even in the morning as that is what happened to mine at that age but he bounced back the next day.

ScottishGuy29

Original Poster
The Mealworms were around 3/4 of inch long, not very thick. I dunno how big they get so I can't relate to other mealworms

Ranchero

Hatchling Member
How many did they get? If it was a few that size shouldnt be an issue just dont give them to them anymore. Probably wouldnt hurt to bath them tonight :)

ScottishGuy29

Original Poster
Only 2 each. Would that be an issue? I haven't bathed them yet, will I do in neck hieght water? is a sink fine? Must the water be warm?

So many questions! lol

Thank you very much for your help

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
No your beardies are in no danger whatsoever from you feeding them 2 mealworms. Plenty of people (breeders included) use mealworms as a staple for their dragons and no harm comes to them from the mealies. There are better feeders out there for them, however, which I'm sure you've found. I've fed my big guy, Darwin, mealies at treats (about 5 once a week or so) when he was a baby and he's no worse for wear.

Bathe them in water no deeper than their back (I normally have just deep enough to cover their tail) and test warm water on the inside of your wrist. It should be warm not hot.

ScottishGuy29

Original Poster
Thanks so much guys, I feel at ease now.

I will still keep an eye on them and give them a bath tomorrow, it's late now (I live in africa) and the little guys are asleep.

Spikey92

Juvie Member
Incase they are impacted (you dont see poop in the next few days) you can try canned non spiced pumpkin, baby prunes or olive-/ mineraloil. That will make them go ;)
The original question was answered and that is all the OP asked. Question removed by moderator as unnecessary.

RuselBro

Juvie Member
Post removed by moderator as original question was already answered. More questions at this point are not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom