I dropped something on him

ii_rex

Original Poster
I feel so bad. I was trying to fix something in his tank and I accidentally dropped the temp gun on my beardie. I’m so scared he’s not going to like me anymore. I tried to leave him alone but he’s still not moving and has a black beard. He’s breathing and he’s fine but he just won’t move. I tried to feed him crickets as a peace offering but he lunged at me. He hasn’t hissed or anything but I’m so scared. I feel so bad. What do I do?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He won't move or he can't move?
Thats two totally different things. If he just won't move he is likely scared. If he can't move get him to a vet asap.
How old/big is he.
Post a few pics if you can. Also of your setup. The black beard could mean he is in pain.

ii_rex

Original Poster
He won't move or he can't move?
Thats two totally different things. If he just won't move he is likely scared. If he can't move get him to a vet asap.
How old/big is he.
Post a few pics if you can. Also of your setup. The black beard could mean he is in pain.
He started moving and ate some crickets by himself, his black beard went away but should I just leave him alone still? He’s over a year. And I don’t know his size but he’s not small

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
He will gorgive you. Just be careful trying to handle him till you know for sure he isn't hurt.
How far did you drop it? Those generally are not that heavy.
They are also not the best option, get a couple digital probe type one for the basking one for the cool side

ii_rex

Original Poster
He will gorgive you. Just be careful trying to handle him till you know for sure he isn't hurt.
How far did you drop it? Those generally are not that heavy.
They are also not the best option, get a couple digital probe type one for the basking one for the cool side
It didn’t drop from that far so I know he’s not hurt but he is startled. I just feel so sad because I’ve never seen him like this. I only use the temp gun to see the heat of his basking spot

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Good deal. The infrared thermometer is not accurate for taking basking temp
You can get the zoomed digital probe type for 10 to 15ish each (depending on where you get it). They are way more accurate. I see as much as 15 degrees difference depending o the material im pointing it at.
Even if you dont want to buy two, i highly recommend getting one for the basking

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom